• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Important Modification Change

James

Cricket Web Owner
We have made a change to the modification process around where a player is ruled out of a series through injury.

In Andre Nel's case for example, you obviously have the chance to remove him out of your team at the next modification point for your team, but your miss out on your chance to make a tactical change.

We have changed this so you now have the chance to make your standard tactical change plus any other changes to remove an injured player.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
An excellent thought.

Can you only make that change during a standard period (ie after the 5 days?)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes, after the five days and if you had Andre Nel you'd have the chance to make two changes. One change to remove Andre Nel and one more change to make wherever you like.

I could make a change where if you have a player who's no longer in the comp, you can make the replacement whenever you like (providing a match isn't in a progress).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It might make more sense to do that - but maybe only allow that change to be made within, say, 48 hours of the player being withdrawn?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I have Jacques Kallis who's now returned to SA with his dodgy elbow & I'm obviously keen to get shot of him; so, for clarification, can I get rid of him now or do I have to wait to change him and another player at my next modification window?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'll sort out the FC changes in 10 hours time, make your change after that.

I'll do a FC news update about it once completed.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh wait... I took Nel out of my team on Sunday for Brett Lee as my one modification, does that mean I still have another one I can use?. Additionally, I've got Charl Langveldt in my team, so can I switch him?

James

Cricket Web Owner
andyc said:
Oh wait... I took Nel out of my team on Sunday for Brett Lee as my one modification, does that mean I still have another one I can use?. Additionally, I've got Charl Langveldt in my team, so can I switch him?
Charl Langveldt is still in the tour party so until he is ruled out completely you won't have the chance to make two modifications.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
When I click on the "modify team" option I'm told that I can only modify my team once every 5 days. Do I have to wait until my next modify period to ditch Kallis?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James said:
Charl Langveldt is still in the tour party so until he is ruled out completely you won't have the chance to make two modifications.
But because I switched Nel out for my last modification, I've basically squandered the chance to have two modifications, right?

James

Cricket Web Owner
BoyBrumby said:
When I click on the "modify team" option I'm told that I can only modify my team once every 5 days. Do I have to wait until my next modify period to ditch Kallis?
Simple Answer - Yes
Long Answer - Yes, but we'll be looking at allowing changes at anytime in our next FC update.

James

Cricket Web Owner
andyc said:
But because I switched Nel out for my last modification, I've basically squandered the chance to have two modifications, right?
Yes you have then.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
What if Langeveldt stays on tour in hope of getting fit but never does any doesn't play a match :-o

Can you do something like if he doesn't play within the next two matches then you can substitute him? And if you do substitute him and he plays soon after then it's your own fault I guess. It's not like you're gaining an unfair advantage...maybe just a bit of wishful thinking.

On another note do points from the finals count and if so when naming the team, your predictions of who will make the finals become a factor, as you'd want to pick people who play as much cricket as possible...

Rich2001

International Captain
James90 said:
What if Langeveldt stays on tour in hope of getting fit but never does any doesn't play a match :-o

Can you do something like if he doesn't play within the next two matches then you can substitute him? And if you do substitute him and he plays soon after then it's your own fault I guess. It's not like you're gaining an unfair advantage...maybe just a bit of wishful thinking.

On another note do points from the finals count and if so when naming the team, your predictions of who will make the finals become a factor, as you'd want to pick people who play as much cricket as possible...
Langeveldt: If he stays on the tour and never gets a match then it's just a case of being unlucky, if his out there then the team obviously think he is in a good enough state to play - So it would just come down to him not being selected for that match. - It would be excatly the same if a team took a tour party of say 15 for a Test series but 3 of the fringe players never got a match.

Finals: Yes you would obviously take into account who you would think would play the most matches in the competition, the finals are inculded in the match list. The advantage for this particular competition is that it lasts for a while so you have plenty of chance to get rid of players from the team that wont make the final.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
James90 said:
I don't think that's fair to be honest - if he's still in the squad he should remain in your team since he's not too injured to be completely ruled out.