• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ U-19's in CWLand

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Due to this alternate schedule and after my axing from the CW Red FC side the amount of Dev League cricket I will miss has been reduced dramatically. In fact, I would like to make myself available and use the tour as an opportunity to regain some form which hopefully will help me return to first-class cricket. Of course, if the selectors wish to pick me.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
James90 said:
Due to this alternate schedule and after my axing from the CW Red FC side the amount of Dev League cricket I will miss has been reduced dramatically. In fact, I would like to make myself available and use the tour as an opportunity to regain some form which hopefully will help me return to first-class cricket. Of course, if the selectors wish to pick me.
That will be put in due consideration, yes.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
James90 said:
Since when have you been axed from the CW Red FC side? You batted at no.5 in our last FC game...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
U/19 Squad (Re)Announced!

CricketWeb U/19 Squad of New Zealand Announced! (Again!)

In a press conference today (in an extremely similar fashion to the original press conference) the U/19 selectors, Tharmi Loganathan, Daniel Towns and Travis Demeza announced who the lucky under 19 players were that would be playing against an under 19 New Zealand touring squad.

"This whole press conference feels a bit too familiar for my liking." Commented Demeza when a reporter asked him how he felt about reannouncing the squad, after the CW cricketing community were quick to jump on the initial under 19 touring plans.

"There are a few more suprises, but on a whole there hasn't been much in the way of changing the squad. Obviously insted of picking a touring party of 15, we have picked two different thirteen man squads, one for the one day games, and one for the youth test matches." Said Demeza.

Demeza finally went on to state, "Hopefully this pleases the captains a bit more, they lose players a lot less this way."

The two 13 man squads are as follows:

U/19 CWXI, Youth Test Squad

Batsmen

T Mamesh (k) [red]
DP Smith [black]
RJ Dauth [red]
NG Scott [green]
A Blackman [black]
S Jasotharan (k) [colts]

Allrounders

MW Wilson (vc) [black]
CP Thompson [black]
TV Weber [green]
NR Hancock [colts]

Bowlers

JP McNamara (c) [colts]
GM Thomas [colts]
NA Borcich [red]

U/19 CWXI, Youth One Day Squad

Batsmen

RJ Dauth [red]
NG Scott [green]
A Blackman [black]
S Jasotharan (k) [colts]
A Crampton (k) [blue]
BL Wilshere [blue]

Allrounders

MW Wilson (vc) [black]
CP Thompson [black]
NR Hancock [colts]

Bowlers

JP McNamara (c) [colts]
HG Warwick [black]
AA Cameron [green]
GM Roberts [black]

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, stoked to get picked for the one day squad, would be good to be taking the field with fellow Green Scott. Congrats to everyone else picked.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Honoured to be selected (again). Good to see Buddhy in both sides as well :D Of course well done to everyone else selected, not surprised to see Nick and Tarick in the FC squad.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Hooray, Congratulations and good luck to those selected. Here's expecting big things from 'Buddhy' Blackman.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Wow, stoked to get picked for the one day squad, would be good to be taking the field with fellow Green Scott. Congrats to everyone else picked.

congrats Andy :)

Congrats also to Nick and Tarik :)