• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Pura/ING Cup* in Australia

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Player name: Tom Halsey
Email: tomhalsey123@hotmail.com
Contract of interest (A, B, C, D): B
Expectations: (list what you desire to work on in your club stint. eg if you're a batsman who wants to work on some bowling, list it; if you're an allrounder who wishes to bat exclusively, list it) Spinning. :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Superkingdave
dave.p.richards at btinternet.com
Contract interest B or E

Looking to improve my allround game, hope to contribute some useful runs but i want to bowl LOTS and lots.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Player name: Broncoman
Email: glendad01@optusnet.com.au
Contract of interest (A, B, C, D): E
Expectations: my opinion of Adelaide is very poor, maybe if i get a chance to spend more time there i will like it more, plus id like to team up with my old mate JD (John Davison) after the great time we had playing for the Toco flashes last season. Plus the prospect of playing with 2 ACT boys, Jack Smith and Mark Higgs is too good to pass up, oh i alwso wouldnt mind making a few runs....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
with all the people that are applying what happens if you can not negotiate a contract do u just get somehwere else or do u miss out all together.?

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Ive noticed some people have applied in two spots.. is this okay im guessing they will just get the one that has the least spots and then the other wil be trashed?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kears_falcon_9 said:
Ive noticed some people have applied in two spots.. is this okay im guessing they will just get the one that has the least spots and then the other wil be trashed?
Unless they can be two places at once.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Those who apply in two spots are smart, because Australia is a place where only a handful of players will get contracts, so they'll get a contract wherever else they applied (if they applied) if they don't get an Aussie one.

ash chaulk

International Captain
yeah thats right im smart :P

its obvious that people would prefer to play in a big comp like aus and eng so the minor contract they would give up then if you dont get the major contract u go2 usa or the caribeen.... either ways its a holiday

biased indian

International Coach
biased indian
sajith_pr at yahoo . co . uk
Contract interest C or E
want to improve my allround ability, hope to contribute with smoe wickets but i want to bat bat and bat (any slot)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
Expectations: (list what you desire to work on in your club stint. eg if you're a batsman who wants to work on some bowling, list it; if you're an allrounder who wishes to bat exclusively, list it) Spinning. :D
yeah, you need the practise :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pura Cup Cricket

Name: AP Cloete (Cloete)
Team: QLD
Type/Versus: FC/NSW
1st innings:
Bat: 29 (47)
Bowl: 3-0-3-0
2nd innings:
Bat: 10 (36)
Bowl: 1-0-3-0
Award? None
Score Summary:
QLD 258 and 414/6 dec. NSW 162 and 327
QLD won by 183 runs

Name: RJ Malone (Bugssy)
Team: NSW
Type/Versus: FC/QLD
1st innings:
Bat: 1 (6)
Bowl: 3-1-13-0
2nd innings:
Bat: 8 (22)
Bowl: 6-3-6-1
Award? None
Score Summary:
QLD 258 and 414/6 dec. NSW 162 and 327
QLD won by 183 runs

Name: BJ Goff (Blewy)
Team: SA
Type/Versus: FC/Victoria
1st innings:
Bat: 16 (39)
Bowl: DNB
2nd innings:
Bat: 0 (20)
Award? None
Score Summary:
SA 260 and 259 Vic 243 and 279/8
Vic won by 2 wickets

Name: S Bhatia (masterblaster)
Team: Victoria
Type/Versus: FC/SA
1st innings:
Bat: 10 (24)
Bowl: 16-4-52-3
2nd innings:
Bat: 7* (29)
Bowl: 13-3-39-4 (including Lehmann, Blewett, Goff)
Award? Man of the Match
Score Summary:
SA 260 and 259 Vic 243 and 279/8
Victoria won by 2 wickets

Name: KS Wright (Mister Wright)
Team: Tasmania
Type/Versus: FC/WA
1st innings:
Bat: 7 (20)
Bowl: 33-13-66-2
2nd innings:
Bat: DNB
Award? None
Score Summary:
Tas 285 and 488/6 WA 542/7 dec.
Match drawn

Name: DJ Watt (Aust_HiTMaN)
Team: WA
Type/Versus: FC/Tasmania
1st innings:
Bowl: 20-6-51-1
2nd innings:
Bowl: 34-9-96-2
Award? None
Score Summary:
Tas= 285 and 488/6 WA 542/7 dec.
Match drawn

Unfortunately Sudeep Popat did not play, but rather took 12th man duties as the powers that be at Western Australia opted for the experience of Brad Hogg.

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Not too happy with my batting but it was a good win for QLD. Absolutely smashes NSW and BUgs :D

Well done to MB

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Australian Test squad to India (3 Tests):

RT Ponting (C), AC Gilchrist (vc), MJ Clarke, DR Martyn, ML Hayden, JL Langer, SK Warne, GD McGrath, JN Gillespie, MS Kasprowicz, NM Hauritz, DS Lehmann, B Lee, SM Katich, BJ Hodge.

Simon

good to see most of the Cwxi players failure miserably lol!!!!!
that'll teach em :p

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
fails to see why South Australia got Blewy. It was a huge mistake... said after scoring 124 for Pirates