• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
It's currently the 14th of March, right?
13th of March was the last round simmed.

However, if the results don't appear soon, I think we might have to call those two rounds lost to rain...

Bobisback

International Regular
So you guys made grade for us players who cant make it into Dev, and now we dont even have that, sure its only for 2 games, but i honestly dont think thats good enough, three days in a row now i have came here to see how i went, three days in a row i have been disappointed :@

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bobisback said:
So you guys made grade for us players who cant make it into Dev, and now we dont even have that, sure its only for 2 games, but i honestly dont think thats good enough, three days in a row now i have came here to see how i went, three days in a row i have been disappointed :@
Are you aware quite how much time some people put into running this?

Bobisback

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Are you aware quite how much time some people put into running this?
Obviously not enough, if they did then they would have the games done on time. If they cant get them down maybe they should think about passing it on to someone else.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bobisback said:
Obviously not enough, if they did then they would have the games done on time. If they cant get them down maybe they should think about passing it on to someone else.
The point he's trying to make is that everyone has lives, and jobs and the like. David probably has just been busy. It takes a surprisingly long time to sim the games, and it's generally pretty tedious stuff having to see what players are available, write up the match reports, etc. Those who do it volunteer to do so, and do it out of dedication to the site, the system, and all the members. You're new here, so it's not entirely your fault, but you can't (and most people don't) expect every result to be in every day, right on the dot.

Bobisback

International Regular
He is australian right? So that makes it the 14th right? Hmm, and he is simming the 11th and 12th games? Thats not on the dot is it, i have had patience, and still im waiting for them. All im saying is, if you cant get them done, why not say so, and get someone else to do it?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Bobisback said:
He is australian right? So that makes it the 14th right? Hmm, and he is simming the 11th and 12th games? Thats not on the dot is it, i have had patience, and still im waiting for them. All im saying is, if you cant get them done, why not say so, and get someone else to do it?
We're all waiting, bro. Just everyone is waiting patiently. I'm sure it's not his fault he's a little late! :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Bobisback said:

a) the games are usually simmed the day after owing to time differences and that they ahve to wait till after the games are simmed.

b) he has a life

c) with Hakon recently taking over the main dev league simming from Liam the time the games have been run has changed abit

so shut up and be patient, whinging wont help the games get done faster and wont help your reputation and certainly wont help your selection for your FC team.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
It`s just not good enough. I`m calling a player`s strike. In fact, I`m suing this website.

Die internet scum! :tomato: :starwars:

cricketboy29

International Regular
age_master said:
a) the games are usually simmed the day after owing to time differences and that they ahve to wait till after the games are simmed.

b) he has a life

c) with Hakon recently taking over the main dev league simming from Liam the time the games have been run has changed abit

so shut up and be patient, whinging wont help the games get done faster and wont help your reputation and certainly wont help your selection for your FC team.

Exactly, stop complaining ffs.

Bobisback

International Regular
Yeah you guys have a point, i mean im sure if it happened in Dev, people would sit down and drink their tea patiently, surely saying - "Well i hope it comes with in the next 3 weeks, if not, no worries, im sure the simmer is doing his best, ALL HAIL <insert simmers name here>"

So i would like to say sorry, its back to being patient for me!

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Bobisback said:
Yeah you guys have a point, i mean im sure if it happened in Dev, people would sit down and drink their tea patiently, surely saying - "Well i hope it comes with in the next 3 weeks, if not, no worries, im sure the simmer is doing his best, ALL HAIL <insert simmers name here>"

So i would like to say sorry, its back to being patient for me!
Apologise to <David> you little ingrate.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Erm.. I'm pretty sure the Dev League is currently behind by a day or two, and people weren't complaining then. As Andrew said, people get selected to play their first few FC games from reputation-- if you're generally well liked, you support your team, etc. If you want to get in, you should start acting like you deserve it. I understand your frustration of not getting a game-- I was hardly a regular starter when I was at the Reds in my first season-- but support is very well rewarded here.