• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Looks like a pretty close game against Green, just need one more batsmen to stand up, by the looks of things. Nice to see Tharmi get three wickets, even he seems to think he bowled crap.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
cricketboy29 said:
The whole choking thing is being revisted im afraid :(, i wish my 5-fer had come in a winning cause.
Oi

Chin-up, its a warm-up for christs sake!

The main aim out of that game was to see how the new look bowling lineup went, and IMO all the bowlers did a wonderful job. Also special mention to Mr Dauth for yet again confirming his Mr Consistant tag.

Onto the final warm-up, where we will again change things up a bit and try to give players some experience in roles they may not have encountered before.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Oi

Chin-up, its a warm-up for christs sake!

The main aim out of that game was to see how the new look bowling lineup went, and IMO all the bowlers did a wonderful job. Also special mention to Mr Dauth for yet again confirming his Mr Consistant tag.

Onto the final warm-up, where we will again change things up a bit and try to give players some experience in roles they may not have encountered before.
When did I ever have the "Mr Consistent" tag? :-O

Loony BoB

International Captain
That's the nickname I used for Mamesh last season, maybe Dave got confused as to who I was referring to at some point.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
cricketboy29 said:
The whole choking thing is being revisted im afraid
Tell us how that game affects our season? They don't get anything for winning, we don't lose anything for losing.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
That's the nickname I used for Mamesh last season, maybe Dave got confused as to who I was referring to at some point.
8-) Off you trot, Dan. Go collate some stats or summat. :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
But the season hasn't started yet! Coincidentally, just last night I set up the stats sheet with the new players and up to date schedule etc. It's all set. :p

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Robertinho said:
When did I ever have the "Mr Consistent" tag? :-O
Sadly Mr Towns, its not all about 'you' for once...

Rob has earnt that nickname for his rather consistant 40/40 averages over the past few seasons, he usually notches up a start in most innings, hence the term.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Just thought I'd rip off a number of other teams and ask every what they hope to achieve in Season 10?

All I really hope to do is see Red make the finals and hopefully win, and do well in the process.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Make a significant contribution in helping Reds win the double

Personally it would nice to score 1000 runs in FC and average 40 with the bat in OD.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A Reds win would be excellent. And I'd quite like to become a regular in the XI.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Maintain my county form would be the main aim.

And the lack of a Ginger marmite-bowling captain will be nice.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Actually with our keepers likely to be missing, I want to take up keeping as well as opening the batting and coming on first change with the ball.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Afternoon Marc.

To continue my OD form from Season IX, and to make an impact in the 5D games I play.