• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Never fear, young Gaurav, I have a foolproof two step plan.

Step 1.
Blackmail Liam into trading us Cloete for someone crap (like Håkon :p )

Step 2.
Insert Chuck Norris as our new bowling coach. He'll sure as hell be twice as effective as Troy Cooley, and if he isn't, he'll roundhouse kick you back to Hong Kong for not being better than Cooley's Welshman.

Hoggy31

International Captain
David said:
Anyone wishing to share their highlights of Club Cricket so far?
Mine would be my 57*, more than doubling my previous highscore of 28*.
My first century of course

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
steds said:

Step 1.
Blackmail Liam into trading us Cloete for someone crap (like Håkon :p )
*slams Bennett over the head with the weight of 214 runs*

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
No club could pay me more than what Maccas offered me for flipping burgers this season, thats why I didnt play.

cricketboy29

International Regular
steds said:

Step 2.
Insert Chuck Norris as our new bowling coach. He'll sure as hell be twice as effective as Troy Cooley, and if he isn't, he'll roundhouse kick you back to Hong Kong for not being better than Cooley's Welshman.
Hong Kong, eh?, how about somewhere i havent been like say Malaysia or the Phillipines?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Since it seems the world and his wife want to join us (must be the lure of a new skipper with fresh ideas) - I assume some will have to leave!

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
When it seems its offical, im playing for the Reds next season. Really looking forward to the challenge of playing with a more experienced batting line up. Hopefully i can contribute to helping turn us from chockers to becoming the real deal.

Just out of intersted i was wondering if you had any plans. Im not sure if this is the place to ask as at the Colts we had to email the captain about these questions, but i will give it a go. With Hakon, Dobson and Feeney all opening option in the longer form and Markus, Stedman and Sean openers in the short form will i be batting in the middle order option this season. The only reason i ask cus if this is the case then i might ask Liam drop me down the order in club cricket to prepare.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well you've spent the last couple of Club Cricket OD matches in the middle order out of necessity. The necessity being that you're in terrible OD form. I'm fairly certain Dave would want you at the top of the order in FC at least though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm fairly certain the management committee will discuss how best to fit new players into our team and then make a decision.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
new_age_ar said:
With Hakon, Dobson and Feeney all opening option in the longer form and Markus, Stedman and Sean openers in the short form
And Stedman can open in the FC arena as well. Funny how we dont really have a "regular" opener who opens in both forms of the games. Guess it just goes to show how versatile the Reds batting lineup is.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
new_age_ar said:
With Hakon, Dobson and Feeney all opening option in the longer form
How long's Feeney been a red? :huh: How long have you been a Red, infact?

....I really need internet access back