• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWXI Development League

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
But that will surely still retain the squad sizes won't it!
Yes, but it allows shifting around of players, meaning that some Colts rookies may be lured to other teams.

Also, it's very unlikely that no more signups will come through this season.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Colts also have a far bigger squad than other sides when Internationals etc happen.
Yeah, but, the other squads have a lot more experienced players to draw from, we only really have 2 experienced players. Surely that should allow for more squad members.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, but, the other squads have a lot more experienced players to draw from, we only really have 2 experienced players. Surely that should allow for more squad members.
Well, at present the blacks have eleven fit players...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Really scraping the barrel, hey? That's pretty ridiculous, but there's 6 players you can choose to fill in for you if the need arises..

steds

Hall of Fame Member
4 actually, I think. Blue have reserved Maddocks and Gazzard is on 12th man duties for us?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
steds said:
4 actually, I think. Blue have reserved Maddocks and Gazzard is on 12th man duties for us?
Something like that.

Anyway, i don't see the point in actually pointing anything out.....everyone knows about it and Liam has already introduced retired players to try his best to rectify the problems during the SL tour.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But why introduce retired players when there's a new player come into the system?

Realistically Colts are never going to lose more than Kyle this season, so will always have 15 to pick from, surely by rotation Blues and Blacks should have the extra squad options first?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
But why introduce retired players when there's a new player come into the system?

Realistically Colts are never going to lose more than Kyle this season, so will always have 15 to pick from, surely by rotation Blues and Blacks should have the extra squad options first?
Thats a very good point IMO.

The Colts shouldnt get any mid-season sign ups, as they are extremely unlucky to lose many players due to international duty.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
marc71178 said:

Valid point that it was a post beginning of season sign up.
But that was to ensure 16 members at the colts club, as they and black only had 15 beforehand.

Perhaps black should have recieved the new player?
No one at blue is complaining about the 'lack' of players. So no skin off our noses, I don't think.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The problem with assigning him to Black is that Black already has 5 genuine seam options and 7 genuine bowling options altogether. It would have contributed to an imbalance of the squad if I assigned another seamer there. That said, the next rookie will automatically go to Black, then the rotation will move Red-Green-Blue from there.

The general rookie dispersion rotation will be Black-Red-Green-Blue.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The problem with assigning him to Black is that Black already has 5 genuine seam options and 7 genuine bowling options altogether. It would have contributed to an imbalance of the squad if I assigned another seamer there. That said, the next rookie will automatically go to Black, then the rotation will move Red-Green-Blue from there.

The general rookie dispersion rotation will be Black-Red-Green-Blue.
"But why not Blue first?! We only have 11 players and are scraping the bottom of the barrell like every other club!!! How unfair!"

;)

David

International 12th Man
Travis_Teh said:
"But why not Blue first?! We only have 11 players and are scraping the bottom of the barrell like every other club!!! How unfair!"

;)
Have a tissue. :happy: :p

Travis_Teh

International Regular
It was a sarcastic joke aimed at others not so understanding as I am in regards to lack of players for clubs :P
ie the "'s were used :P :(

David

International 12th Man
Travis_Teh said:
It was a sarcastic joke aimed at others not so understanding as I am in regards to lack of players for clubs :P
ie the "'s were used :P :(
I have in my hands two bricks.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Prince EWS said:
Thats a very good point IMO.

The Colts shouldnt get any mid-season sign ups, as they are extremely unlucky to lose many players due to international duty.
No, they should still have some, but at last in the rotation IMO.

The side most hit should've been first then teams in order.

ir0n desi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm guessing this is where I sign up.

Name: iron desi
Initials (eg Liam A. Camps = LA; Neil S. Pickup = NS): I
Handedness (LHB/RHB): Right
Keeper? Y/N No
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M): Off Spin
General Batting position (1-11): 3

Batting Avge: 43
Bowling Avge: 99.99
Bowling Econ. (optional):

Batting SR (FC cricket): 60
Fielding rating: Multiples of 3 please, with 3 being lowest and 27 highest. (eg Reon King =3, Jonty Rhodes = 27; 3,6,9 etc.) 21

Email Address: ir0ndesi@hotmail.com

Mr Mxyzptlk

ir0n desi said:
I'm guessing this is where I sign up.

Name: iron desi
Initials (eg Liam A. Camps = LA; Neil S. Pickup = NS): I
Handedness (LHB/RHB): Right
Keeper? Y/N No
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M): Off Spin
General Batting position (1-11): 3

Batting Avge: 43
Bowling Avge: 99.99
Bowling Econ. (optional):

Batting SR (FC cricket): 60
Fielding rating: Multiples of 3 please, with 3 being lowest and 27 highest. (eg Reon King =3, Jonty Rhodes = 27; 3,6,9 etc.) 21

Email Address: ir0ndesi@hotmail.com
Welcome to the system.

You'll be assigned to a team at the start of next season. For now, stick around and check out the likes of Offseason Club Cricket when it comes around again (soon).