• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
We have to pick up Colts! Opening is not working for me. I am really disappointed with my efforts there, really letting the team down.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Opening? For List A, yes please! For FC, 35 runs away from pay day! with 8 innings, I need at least an average of 4.375 to get it!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Colts ring out the changes...

OD Side - With our squad for the most part down and out for the season and Das still sadly missing to injury fo the next game, we'll be playing an experimental side with Nayak and Thomas finally getting their chance in the shorter form of the game. Resha is given a change to open alongside Jaso with myself having a stint at #3. Burke moved up the order due to his good form. Nayak comes in at #5 and will be bowling at least five overs, with our side fielding four seamers and the lone spinner in McNamara for this game, although if one of our seamer should struggle then Pitt (who is being given an experimental stint in the middle order) may be given the ball. Howler also makes his return to the side after being given time to find form in the nets.

For FC, the changes are not as numerous but significant nonetheless...

Wright and Thomas will continue with the new ball, Hancock as always following up and then Rai to have long spells in order to give the seamers something to work with. Nayak and Pitt will be used on a part-time basis as and when needed, but it is for the most part a four-bowler attack. This allows for Resha and Howler to come in (Fensome making way for the other) to play and hopefully they will be able to bolster our ever-struggling batting lineup. Burke and Pitt will stay up at the top of the batting order due to a lack of alternatives along with the fact that Burke's keeping form has been great.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
When the charity comes, time to play keeper with the most wickets! 5 wickets to my name, I feel good......................

Oh, it just isn't the same without my keeping record, I mean, Burke has already got 18 catches in 5 matches the same time it took me 12 matches to get the record of 19.......

Loony BoB

International Captain
No worries mate - it's great having you in the field, too. Can never have too many high quality fielders!

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
We must be desperate to keep me opening in FC. I am very happy with a move up the order in OD though, but it may reduce my average seeing my not outs help me out.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Let's just say that your average when opening isn't exactly much worse than most other batsmen batting, well, anywhere. Compared to other openers, you haven't been horrific. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dizzy #4 said:
I'm just hoping I come out of this the best batsman with out being in Mamash's shadow!
In my mind...

1. Andrew Cloete
2. Simon Fitzsimmons
3. Thamba Mamesh
4. Shan Jasotharan

Loony BoB

International Captain
Travis_Teh said:
Pity Mamesh no longer players there .......... ?
That was his point, I think. Now that we are without Mamesh, he won't be in his shadow... unless Mamesh is a far, far taller person than I was aware of. Then maybe if the sun is at a good angle he might still be in it.