• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWBCC Fast Bowling Academy

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Best of luck to the other boys.
Hopefully I can get some pace up like Dave has mentioned, sounds .... like clean fun.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking forward to the challenge, particularly working on my 1D form. Congrats to all the other Academy players, looks like I'm in very good company. Looking forward to some excellent coaching as well.

Looks like I'm up against Travis in the first match today - go easy on me when I'm batting please. ;)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Looks like I'm up against Travis in the first match today - go easy on me when I'm batting please. ;)
You should also ask him to go easy on you when he's batting, too. Travis has been known to miss the ball but nail short leg with his almighty heaves of the willow

bryce

International Regular
I am very honored to be selected. I'm very excited at the chance i have been given to be learning from proven & seasoned professionals. The competition can't start soon enough :)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Round 1 - 1D

Mixed performances, still getting over the jetlag I'd say.

Name: AAA Collins
Club: Scarborough
Opposition: Joondalup
Venue: Abbett Park
Result: Scarborough 4/294 beat Joondalup 185 by 109 Runs
Batting (8): DNB
Bowling Figures (5): 9.2-0-50-4 (inc. M Rindel)
Extras: 1xNoBall, 0xWides
Avg Speed: 106.4 km/h
Top Speed: 116.3 km/h
Awards: Nil
Coaches Comments: Was used in the mid-latter part of the innings, and got hit for 12 from his first over, came back with confidence taking 2 wickets in his next over. Other 2 wickets were tailenders. A solid startup performance.
Rating: 7/10

Name: TJ Demeza
Club: Joondalup
Opposition: Scarborough
Venue: Abbett Park
Result: Scarborough 4/294 beat Joondalup 185 by 109 Runs
Batting (10): 18*(16)
Bowling Figures (4): 8-0-35-0
Extras: 0xNoBall, 1xWides
Avg Speed: 137.3 km/h
Top Speed: 146.9 km/h
Coaches Comments: Not the start Travis was looking for. Day got off badly after captain Ryan Campbell didn't bring him on til 2nd change. Hardly made an impact against the strong Scarborough attack - will look for revenge in the longer format.
Rating: 4/10

Name: NA Borcich
Club: Fremantle
Opposition: Perth
Venue: Fletcher Park
Result: Perth 4/281 lost to Fremantle 3/285 by 7 Wickets
Batting (7): DNB
Bowling Figures (2): 7-0-35-1
Avg Speed: 138.8 km/h
Top Speed: 147.0 km/h
Coaches Comments: Struck in his first over, and bowled a wonderful spell early on, however as is usually the norm got hit a bit at the end of the innings. Signs looking good for Nick early on, bowled with a lot of nip and pace on the stretch of Tonkin Highway renamed Fletcher Park for this match.
Rating: 5/10

Name: CP Thompson
Club: Perth
Opposition: Fremantle
Result: Perth 4/281 lost to Fremantle 3/285 by 7 Wickets
Batting (8): DNB
Bowling Figures (2): 9-0-69-1 (inc. S Marsh)
Extras: 1xNoBall, 2xWides
Avg Speed: 148.7 km/h
Top Speed: 154.9 km/h
Coaches Comments: To say Callum was rusty is an understatement, his first over went for 16, his 3rd for 11 and his 4th for 12 after Shaun Marsh unleashed fury in the runchase. Came back well towards the end eventually getting the last laugh by dismissing Shaun Marsh lbw.
Rating: 2/10

Name: NS Hoy
Club: Rockingham-Mandurah
Opposition: Melville
Venue: Settlers Hill
Result: Melville 3/204 beat Rockingham-Mandurah 5/168 by 36 Runs
Batting (7): 0*(0)
Bowling Figures (1): 10-0-40-1
Extras: 0xNoBall, 2xWides
Avg Speed: 147.8 km/h
Top Speed: 154.6 km/h
Coaches Comments: Didn't really bowl as well as he would have liked on what was a difficult pitch to bat on. The uphill-downhill-potholes-uphill runup didn't really suit Nathan, hopefully he'll get used to it before too long.
Rating: 5/10

Name: BC Cunningham
Club: Melville
Opposition: Rockingham-Mandurah
Venue: Settlers Hill
Result: Melville 3/204 beat Rockingham-Mandurah 5/168 by 36 Runs
Batting (2): 10(26)
Bowling Figures (1): 10-1-30-4 (inc. R Bopara, C Simmons)
Extras: 0xNoBall, 0xWides
Avg Speed: 150.3 km/h
Top Speed: 159.3 km/h
Awards: MoM
Coaches Comments: Used the conditions to his advantage, an opening spell of 5-1-10-3 which captured the prized wicket of Essex player Ravi Bopara, and RM opener Craig Simmons. Managed to navagate the uphill-downhill-potholes-uphill runup quiet well. Easilly the best performance of CW'ers in the 1D format today.
Rating: 9/10

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Venue: Iluka Sporting Complex
Result: Scarborough 385 & 1/43 beat Joondalup 184 & 243 by 9 Wickets
1st Innings Batting (11): 0(9)
1st Innings Bowling (1): 25-2-129-3 (inc: B Casson, B Williams)
Avg Speed: 135.1 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (11): 0(3)
2nd Innings Bowling (1): 6.3-2-24-1
Avg Speed: 131.1 km/h
Coaches Comments: Got taken the the cleaners by Scarboroughs top order, but bounced out the tail to restore some respect to his figures. Second innings he hardly got a chance to bowl due to the fact Scarborough had wrapped up the game, but did pick up opener Clint Heron early.
Rating: 6/10

Venue: Iluka Sporting Complex
Result: Scarborough 385 & 1/43 beat Joondalup 184 & 243 by 9 Wickets
1st Innings Batting (8): 22(33)
1st Innings Bowling (3): 22-10-24-1
Avg Speed: 104.7 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (8): DNB
2nd Innings Bowling (3): 21-8-40-1
Avg Speed: 107.6 km/h
Coaches Comments: Bowled some sensationsal line and length first innings which was complimented from the other end by Beau Casson getting 1/6 from 12 in an amazing spell of containment between the two.
Rating: 6/10

Venue: Stevens Reserve
Result: Perth 205 & 284 beat Fremantle 129 & 190 by 170 Runs
1st Innings Batting (6): 45(129)
1st Innings Bowling (3): 10-3-27-1
Avg Speed: 146.6 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (6): 62(80)
2nd Innings Bowling (3): 17-3-35-2
Avg Speed: 148.0 km/h
Coaches Comments: His first MoM on Australian soil. Well deserved aswell, being Economical and taking wickets. But he won the MoM for his allround efforts which included 2 knocks that in the end held Perths batting together at crucial times. Should be happy with his bowling and even happier with his batting.
Rating: 8/10

Result: Perth 205 & 284 beat Fremantle 129 & 190 by 170 Runs
1st Innings Batting (7): 11(39)
1st Innings Bowling (4): 6-3-7-2 (inc. G Nottle)
Avg Speed: 130.1 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (7): 24*(100)
2nd Innings Bowling (6): 18-6-41-2 (inc. G Nottle)
Avg Speed: 131.7 km/h
Coaches Comments: Didn't get many overs in the 1st Innings, but bowled tight and picked up a couple of wickets. Second innings he was again tight, but all things considered was only a mediocre effort considering the opposition. One positive is he seems to have Garth Nottle's game under wraps, keeping the dangerman to 18 and 13 respectively.

Venue: Tompkins Park
Result: Melville 7/546dec. beat Rockingham-Mandurah 108 & 254 by an innings and 184 Runss
1st Innings Batting (6): 69*(142)
1st Innings Bowling (4): 5-2-6-2
Avg Speed: 147.6 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (7): DNB
2nd Innings Bowling (4): 13.5-3-38-4
Avg Speed: 151.9 km/h
Coaches Comments: Hardly got much action in the 1st, due to the damage being done quickly by the Magoffin/Tremlett opening onslaught, in the second he proved his worth bowling with pure pace to rattle the RM lineup, coupled with an unbeaten half century earned him a well deserved MoM.

Result: Melville 7/546dec. beat Rockingham-Mandurah 108 & 254 by an innings and 184 Runs
1st Innings Batting (5): 20*(48)
1st Innings Bowling (2): 44-14-104-1
Avg Speed: 145.1 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (5): 51(112)
2nd Innings Bowling (0): DNB
Avg Speed: DNB
Coaches Comments: Poor performance, and thats being generous considering his half ton in the 2nd dig. Has his work cut out if he is to ressurect RM and restore some pride, unfortuently it didn't happen this game. Cutting them some slack Melville would be the top batting side in the competition, with 3 of their top 6 being FC cricketers and 2 others prolific runs scorers in A grade for many seasons. Pick up the work ethic.
Rating: 3/10

Hoggy31

International Captain
Hmmmm Ok But nothing special so far

and well done Dave all the reports are excellent, Keep up the good work

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wow... we have multiple bowlers who are bowling faster than Brett Lee, but the CWXI can`t win a series. :wacko:

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
2 games....2 words....pathetic and disgraceful...will be working hard to turn it around in the next games...:)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
Wow... we have multiple bowlers who are bowling faster than Brett Lee, but the CWXI can`t win a series. :wacko:
Correct - however they are not in the test team last time I checked Nathan. 150km/h overpitched leg side delivery isn't going to net many wickets either. Also on the lighter side, blame the random speed generator :p

Hoggy31 said:
Dave mate, Any chance of some live sims on MSN?
I would if my MSN worked, and my net wasn't playing up... I'll see what I can do, though.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Round 2 1D

Result: Melville 1/262 beat Scarborough 171 by 91 Runs
Batting (7): 3(13)
Bowling Figures (3): 10-0-41-0
Extras: 0xNoBall, 1xWides
Avg Speed: 103.8 km/h
Top Speed: 111.0 km/h
Coaches Comments: Bowled all 10 in the absence of Kade Harvey, none of the bowlers looked like getting on the top of the Melville top order. Can't be too unhappy at his efforts, had a reasonable economy rate, when he is mainly there for containment rather than a strike bowler.

Result: Fremantle 5/211 beat Joondalup 7/207 by 4 Runs
Batting (9): 1*(2)
Bowling Figures (4): 10-0-44-0
Avg Speed: 137.1 km/h
Top Speed: 147.0 km/h
Coaches Comments: Joondalup captain Ryan Campbell must of had a big night - promoted Travis to 9 and bowled him at 4 again. Had no impact at all in his opening spell. Came back during the middle overs and had 2 dropped catches in 1 over, but never looked like taking a wicket in his other overs. Might do better with the new ball - I'll have a word to Joondalup and see what we can do.

Result: Fremantle 5/211 beat Joondalup 7/207 by 4 Runs
Batting (7): 2*(3)
Bowling Figures (1): 10-1-39-3
Extras: 1xNoBall, 3xWides
Avg Speed: 130.5 km/h
Top Speed: 135.1 km/h
Coaches Comments: His best 1D game yet. Wasn't too pacey, but was consistantly around the 130 km/h mark, mainly just outside off on a good length. Kept it tight and got 3 top order scalps. Should be delighted with his performance.

Result: Perth 5/199 beat Rockingham Mandurah 183 by 16 Runs
Batting (7): 5*(3)
Bowling Figures (2): 10-0-42-4 (inc/ C Simmons, R Bopara)
Extras: 0xNoBall, 3xWides
Avg Speed: 147.8 km/h
Top Speed: 155.3 km/h
Coaches Comments: Didn't get much chance with the bat, coming to the crease in the final over, however made a significant impact with the new ball early on, cleaning up the top 4 cheaply in his opening spell. Got hit around a bit towards the end as the Rockingham-Mandurah tail provided some resistance. Was down on pace a little, but I feel he sacrificed some pace for control, with a positive result.

Result: Perth 5/199 beat Rockingham Mandurah 183 by 16 Runs
Batting (5): 6(12)
Bowling Figures (1): 10-0-38-3
Extras: 0xNoBall, 2xWides
Avg Speed: 148.7 km/h
Top Speed: 159.0 km/h
Coaches Comments: Easilly pick of the RM bowlers on what was a rather effortless bowling display by them. There was plenty in the pitch for the seamers, just the RM boys couldnt quiet find a good length consistantly. Should be happy with his efforts, at the moment he's carrying the bowling attack, needs support.

Result: Melville 1/262 beat Scarborough 171 by 91 Runs
Batting (2): 93*(145)
Bowling Figures (1): 6-0-25-1
Avg Speed: 147.2 km/h
Top Speed: 155.8 km/h
Coaches Comments: What can't this man accomplish? If he has a lean day with the ball, he performs with the bat! An asset to any team, and showed that today. Was overshadowed by Chris Tremlett and Steve Magoffin in the bowling department, hence not getting many overs. However made up for it after a stellar partnership of 253 with Ben Lillis. Interesting to note Adam Voges, the Melville captain opting to use Bryce as an opener instead of Scott Meuleman, possibly a taste of a hidden talent?

4D coming later tonight.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Great stuff Dave

Happy with my performance, and if it were possible could we keep a Brett Dorey performance watch too :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bit surprised to see Travis bowling so much slower than Hoy in particular. Never realised Nathan was so quick!