In consultation with Neil, I'd like to propose the following.
* Scrap Australia 'A' and England 'A' - include them in an end of season tournament with Cricket Web 'A', Kenya and Bangladesh.
* Reduce squad sizes to a maximum of 16 players.
* Add another division side, in which an experianced player would captain it. All new players and sign-ups would go to this side so they get game-time. They may be weak in the beginning but the new players need as much game time as possible. In the end it will make the CWXI a far stronger side. Retired players such as Luckyeddie and Rik would fill in any gaps that were in the new side, and once more players signed up they would drop out.
* Once the new side reaches 16 players, another new side is started etc.
* While the new teams may be weak and unpredictable, they would start to click after a few games as we would figure out who can play and who can't. Perhaps for the first season, young players from the current squads (no more than say 8) could be drafted in to help out.
* Captains having full responsability with regards to the selection of XIs. If they have to wear the wrap at the end of the day, they should at least be responsable for the selections.