• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Loony BoB

International Captain
To be fair to Watt, it's not like any of the other CW Red bowlers have made an impact on the OD game. Kennett, Loganathan, Langley and Robbins all had worse averages while Borcich, Cameron, Edmunds and Langley had worse strike rates. As for wickets, he was one of only three CW Red bowlers to reach double digits in season nine. If Watt is failing, so are many others, and I don't think he has any reason to be 'breaking' just yet. When so many bowlers are failing - the best average in the team was that of Markus' 33.86, and second was a fair way further back on Cameron's 38.78 - you can't point the finger at a particular man. I would say that there may be another influence on this matter, although I do not know what it is. But it seems to affect CW Red enough - it would be interesting to see CW Red's bowlers stats for both home and away in Season 9.

PY

International Coach
I would just, as a long-standing CW player at all levels, like to recognise Dave Watt's all-round contribution to the game in the CW system and his level-headed leadership of some of the promising talents within the youth system and thank him for his friendship and words of advice on many a tour.

Long may his career continue.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Dave? Past his best? No, I'd still say the best is yet to come. At least he isn't an elitist, Tarique..

Though, you've gotta realise, Dave loves paying himself out, so who knows, he may have orchestrated this whole thing.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Dave? Past his best? No, I'd still say the best is yet to come. At least he isn't an elitist, Tarique..

Though, you've gotta realise, Dave loves paying himself out, so who knows, he may have orchestrated this whole thing.
you just learn to spell my name you f*****d

steds

Hall of Fame Member
You just learn to hold your tongue when it comes to your opinions on members of CW Red.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
To be fair to Watt, it's not like any of the other CW Red bowlers have made an impact on the OD game. Kennett, Loganathan, Langley and Robbins all had worse averages while Borcich, Cameron, Edmunds and Langley had worse strike rates. As for wickets, he was one of only three CW Red bowlers to reach double digits in season nine. If Watt is failing, so are many others, and I don't think he has any reason to be 'breaking' just yet. When so many bowlers are failing - the best average in the team was that of Markus' 33.86, and second was a fair way further back on Cameron's 38.78 - you can't point the finger at a particular man. I would say that there may be another influence on this matter, although I do not know what it is. But it seems to affect CW Red enough - it would be interesting to see CW Red's bowlers stats for both home and away in Season 9.
I'd say it's none of your business.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Red players certainly gettingvery defensive in here.

i agree that Watt's best is yet to come, in fact i reakon him captaining the side will do wonders for himself and the team. top bloke :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Great article Kwase, seriously, funny-**** writing style. :laugh:

There weren`t many bowlers who did too well this OD season, so there`s nothing to worry `bout. In fact, if you had a bad bowling season in OD, you`re cool. Right?

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
Great article Kwase, seriously, funny-**** writing style. :laugh:

There weren`t many bowlers who did too well this OD season, so there`s nothing to worry `bout. In fact, if you had a bad bowling season in OD, you`re cool. Right?
very uncool imo tbh...:crazy:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
I know how Dave feels, this season i seem to have gone backwards, and in OD cricket i am even worse than he.
Going backwards is better then going nowhere :ph34r:

I don't think Dave is past his best, considering most bowlers struggled on the flat pitches used in OD matches.

Also i think Tarique should be banned from any contact with the media, his continual swearing isn't a good imagine for CW. Also he isn't setting a good example for new players, especially as the Titans captain in Grade Cricket.