• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah KW doesn't go anywhere near a run a ball, in recent years he's striked at late 70's early 80's and Root has striked at low 90's. Also Root averages a **** load more. Last 4 years KW 3020 @ 48.70 S/R 79.47 and JR 3773 @ 58.95 S/R 90.26
Root is a better ODI bat than Williamson, but those stats aren't apples vs. apples & don't take into context that Root would have played in a lot more high-scoring games and on higher scoring grounds than KW in the last 4 years?

Easier for Root to come in around 80/1 after 13 overs of Bairstow & Roy belting it to all parts on some of these 350+ wickets in England in recent years, than KW coming in typically at 14/1 after 4 overs.

That said Root is better, just not be the margin those stats suggest.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
It's going to be a pretty obvious fake illness, the day after the WC final.

The nice thing about living in the USA is nobody over here knows anything about it and if I wasn't already retired I'd be calling in sick.
I just pretend I don’t watch cricket and never talk to colleagues about it lol

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm pleased it is at Lord's. As well as helping our seamers it will also be good prep for the final of the world test championship.

cnerd123

likes this
It's going to be a pretty obvious fake illness, the day after the WC final.

The nice thing about living in the USA is nobody over here knows anything about it and if I wasn't already retired I'd be calling in sick.
he lives in Singapore, no one knows a thing about cricket there either

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Funny eh imagine a team winning the world cup and it's not even the number one sport and it's like a religion in some of these other countries. Blessed.
Like AUS wining the rugby wc lol

I hope our boys think of it as a good opportunity to put together a great performance for their families and each other and correct what happened 4 years ago then see what happens, have a go and enjoy rather than thinking about it as the last match eg Taylor possibly Guppy etc and have the fear of losing

Funny how we have beaten Eng x2 at home chasing last year but we have been pretty good winning tight ones defending this tournament

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Apparently Nips has a tight hamy so Munro could be back

Would be funny if they use Blundell opening instead and Eng hasn’t prep for him at all

If Santa is gonna open might as well have Blundell catching the tough ones esp with the new ball, can you use him as a 12th man keeper?

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Wonder which Aussie they are gonna bring in to gloat about their wc win during the coverage, Ricky Ponting? He is free now

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think I speak for all Australians when I say that we are willing to loan you Warner and Finch for this game if you want a couple of openers. We'd loan you Starc as well but we don't want to take him out of cotton wool.

BeeGee

International Captain
I think I speak for all Australians when I say that we are willing to loan you Warner and Finch for this game if you want a couple of openers. We'd loan you Starc as well but we don't want to take him out of cotton wool.
Hard pass on Warner.

flibbertyjibber

Like they did well yesterday when it mattered didn't they?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Best possible result for the tourny. Best batting line up best bowling line up.

You are just sour because pakistan did not make it.
Atleast whoever wins - will be proven they have more xfactor than pakistan. An all timr pak wc squad would wipe the floor with Nz or eng all time. Yet pakistan haven't won a world cup since 92 (and dont bring in trash like t20 or champs trophy).
Despite having all those players they have not won The world cup since 92. Is the reason because they lack x factor /fold when under pressure? Or more to do with lack of fight/passion?

Oh well best 2 teams in the final. New winner. Can't wait!
It’s because they are extremely unprofessional despite the talent. They are always fighting, play useless players which are only in the team due to nepotism, don’t work as hard as other teams, etc.

Take Hasan Ali, amazing player in the Champions Trophy but has regressed. He’s focussing more on the fame (e.g. adverts, partying, etc.) as opposed to his bowling. These guys come from poor backgrounds and are uneducated. A little bit of fame and it goes to their head. It doesn’t mean that they aren’t talented or lack the passion. Try to understand their situation.

Until Pakistan gets these issues sorted, they will never win and always have the unpredictable tag.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Btw, why is the Champions Trophy looked down upon? It’s pretty much the same level of competition as the WC with all the main test playing nations.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
I look down on the Champions Trophy a bit because it feels like a pointless circlejerk when we have the World Cup .Also , it seems even more misplaced now that T20 is coming to the fore . I'd stick to one World Cup and one T20 World Cup ...cut out some ICC fat .

flibbertyjibber

In football terms the World Cup is Champions League and Champions Trophy is Europa League in terms of importance. Good to win but nowhere near as big.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I look down on the Champions Trophy a bit because it feels like a pointless circlejerk when we have the World Cup .Also , it seems even more misplaced now that T20 is coming to the fore . I'd stick to one World Cup and one T20 World Cup ...cut out some ICC fat .
I have no issues with this. But my point isn’t about its validity but rather the level of competition and achievement. Yes the Champions Trophy may need to be cut out because its one more competition. But in terms of the level of competition, it’s no different to the WC and should be recognised as such.