• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait what?
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...get-earthy-without-shoes-20190708-p525b7.html

Birmingham: Australia had an unorthodox World Cup bonding session at Edgbaston on Tuesday, with players and team management gathering in a circle – without socks and shoes on.

As they seek to rebuild their campaign after a loss to South Africa and injuries derailed their plans, the Australians took to the field before training and gathered as one.

The process was called "earthing", helping the players to become spiritually closer to the stadium and its history. The ploy has been used by the NSW rugby league State of Origin side, under coach Brad Fittler.

Coach Justin Langer spoke at length in the huddle, while players also exchanged stories about their favourite World Cup stories. This came after they had jogged a lap of the oval - also without shoes on.

The Australians appeared on the ground at least half an hour before training was scheduled to start for the unscripted event.

Batsman Peter Handscomb said it had been an enlightening experience.

"It’s something the coach has done before at other venues for a bit of grounding," he said.

"You do that lap and you can see all the different views from the ground and where you might be fielding and it gives you an opportunity to take it all in before it all starts on Thursday.

"It was just an open and honest conversation and it was great that some of the guys poured their heart out there about what it meant to get to the semi-final. What it meant to for them and their first memories of cricket growing up and it was really nice. It was great to see what playing in the finals means to this group."

Handscomb said he had enjoyed the stories his teammates had recalled, particularly the one told by Mitch Marsh.

"He was talking about the 1999 World Cup with his dad (Geoff) coaching and having a photo done with the World Cup trophy, so Mitch wants to be here ... and he wants to have a photo on the balcony at Lord’s which is pretty awesome," he said.

On what it would mean to play in the semi-final, Handscomb replied: "It would mean a lot. I said out there with the boys but I’ve played so many World Cup semi-finals and finals in the backyard with my mates and you’re trying to be different guys and doing all that stuff so to actually come out here, pardon the cliché, it’s actually living the dream to be here now."

Injured players Usman Khawaja and Marcus Stoinis were with the group and so, too, were Matthew Wade and Marsh, who have been drafted into the squad but have yet to be officially listed.

wrongun

Banned
Paging Mitchell Starc....this feels like the end of the first Avengers movie. We need an Auckland 2015 but this time we need to finish it.

ajdude

International Coach
i preferred it when steve smith was “steven smith”. bit like michael hussey’s career decline coinciding with his “mike” name change

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why they’re going to lose isn’t it
as an australian fan, i have to accept that losing today will probably be better for the long run, otherwise this shoe bull**** will take hold like the ****ing baggy green