• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

29th Match - New Zealand v West Indies

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I'm not. Things happened in that warmup that wouldn't happen in real game. If we can't beat the WI then we don't deserve to make the semis.
Nah disagree. NZ favourites for sure, but more so than most teams it'll depend on which Windies will show up. But hopefully NZ have learnt a thing or rwo from the warmups.

Jezroy

State Captain
Saw on the news that Ross had hurt his finger at training, but was then okay and batting in the nets.

Got me excited as I thought they would have to throw Nicholls and/or Blundell in. Ah well. He's fine.

Two schools of thought:

If they are going to experiment/try out other guys it's against the weaker teams still to play (ie. WI and PAK)

OR

If they are going to experiment/try out other guys it's once they are guaranteed a place in the semis

Often the camp say things like "one game at a time" or "not looking too far ahead". But surely they must be looking at how this tournament could play out.

I feel like it doesn't matter too much who we play in the semi finals - assuming the top 4 stay as they are we can beat any of the other 3 on our day. Even though we (rightly) probably won't be favourites.

Unless... someone like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, or West Indies do make the semis. You'd assume that will be in 4th position. And you'd assume that you want to finish first so that's who you get to play.

Mind you - it didn't help in '92 did it...?

BeeGee

International Captain
Interesting decision by the WI to bowl first on what is apparently a good deck.

A new experience for NZ, batting first. Guptill needs to score some runs today.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
237 to a first ball duck.

Very surprised that wasn't given out on the field. It's worse for the fielding side too as it feels like a big risk to review early doors.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting first over lol. Oh well got rid of the dead weight now these two can put on 200