• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th Match - India v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TPC is fine, he's Australia's cake like Kohli/Root/Williamson.

Kohli's knock yesterday was similar but the rest around him hit out for India. Dhawan was the difference for us yesterday.

vcs

Oh, and Kohli may behave like a **** every now and again, but the guy's a class act. :wub:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
As good as Kohli's gesture for Smith was, I can't help but feel it was fake generosity. Anything generous that Kohli does appears staged and attempt at image management. The guy has **** written all over his face.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
That Pandya drop was the game, sadly. And the runout.
You might say that got balanced by bails not falling off when Bumrah got Warner. Although Warner did not play a gun knock but it could have gotten over faster if they lost an early wicket. Ifs and buts.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
With Warner (and by corollary Khawaja(, something like this was always possible when they messed with something that had finally started working consistently: the Khawaja/Finch opening partnership.

vcs

As good as Kohli's gesture for Smith was, I can't help but feel it was fake generosity. Anything generous that Kohli does appears staged and attempt at image management. The guy has **** written all over his face.
Why? This is an intensely competitive bloke, but he goes out of his way to stick up for Smith in the middle of a tight, crucial match. Think that's a bit of a cynical take.

Daemon

Warner’s fine lol, literally just one scratchy knock. He’s played a few good ones and a couple of blinders since his comeback.

Spark

Global Moderator
Why? This is an intensely competitive bloke, but he goes out of his way to stick up for Smith in the middle of a tight, crucial match. Think that's a bit of a cynical take.
It's also kind of beside the point what his intentions were tbh. The fact that he did it and the message it sends is what counts.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's obviously a very subjective observation and I can't objectively defend it. Remember Kohli said something like his relationship (friendship?) with Aussies have soured permanently in 2017 IIRC when nothing of that intensity happened between the teams. So yes, I find all his generous gestures fake.

EDIT: It doesn't make me hate the guy though. It's just a peculiarity that is endearing because he is such a great player. And I am glad he did what he did.

Last edited:

Spikey

With Warner (and by corollary Khawaja(, something like this was always possible when they messed with something that had finally started working consistently: the Khawaja/Finch opening partnership.
top_cat plz

the big bambino

International Captain
Then a bloke can’t ever win can he? I mean Smith appreciated it and shook Kohlis hand. Smith has been most unfairly treated for a transgression that practically every team has made. If it takes a gesture from someone of Kohlis standing to end the trash then well done him. Kohlis transformation from cricket brat to leader is genuine and so was his gesture.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I have been no fan of Kohli as a person in the past, but this did seem like a fully genuine gesture from him. It is nice to see a bit of mutual respect between the two leading batsmen of our era.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Warner’s biggest impact was the run out of Finch who looked imposing and set for a big score.

I do like the idea of Smith batting three if Finch goes first and Khawaja if Wanrer does. Keeping the left-right thing going not a bad idea imo
If finch hadn't hesitated would he have made his ground and everyone would have commented great running by Warner? He was only 2 feet out and it was a big hesitation

TNT

Banned
Then a bloke can’t ever win can he? I mean Smith appreciated it and shook Kohlis hand. Smith has been most unfairly treated for a transgression that practically every team has made. If it takes a gesture from someone of Kohlis standing to end the trash then well done him. Kohlis transformation from cricket brat to leader is genuine and so was his gesture.

Got to respect the bloke, a genuine cricket moment.

OverratedSanity

Booing is part of the fun tbh. Nothing wrong or 'unacceptable' about it. It's the most harmless way for fans to be partisan without being disrespectful.

trundler

You might say that got balanced by bails not falling off when Bumrah got Warner. Although Warner did not play a gun knock but it could have gotten over faster if they lost an early wicket. Ifs and buts.
No ****. I was explicitly stating ifs lol.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Warner being apparently out of nick worries me, my perception of his career is that he is either hot in Tests or ODI's at any given time. If he has a dud WC he's very likely to have a huge Ashes.

And LOL at all you Aussie Kohli fanbois.......interesting that is the most parochial of you wetting your panties over him. Who'd have thought him standing up for your skip against some mean Poms would have won you over so easily:laugh:

TNT

Banned
Booing is part of the fun tbh. Nothing wrong or 'unacceptable' about it. It's the most harmless way for fans to be partisan without being disrespectful.
Yes it is unacceptable to constantly boo a player, have your fun then grow up. What is the desired result here, do you want him to leave cricket.