• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Squads

Dendarii

International Debutant
Van der Dussen's ODI strike rate is 75.58, which is basically the same as his List A strike rate of 74.48. However his strike rate in T20 internationals is 133.15, and all T20s is 131.11. So he has the ability to be aggressive, but just doesn't seem to do in the 50 over game.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Shahzad claims to have been forcefully kicked out despite being fit. ITSTL.
What is happening in Afghan cricket? First, Afghan forcefully taken out of captaincy and team and then the seniors Rashid and Nabi come out in public in support of him. Now Shahzad forcefully taken out. Is there a propaganda against the seniors in the team?

I hope Afghans don't go the Kenya way. Too entertaining a team for cricket to miss out.

the big bambino

International Captain
If and when fit Australia somehow has to smuggle Haze into the squad. We don’t have much after Cummins and Starc and surely they can’t play every game.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If and when fit Australia somehow has to smuggle Haze into the squad. We don’t have much after Cummins and Starc and surely they can’t play every game.
Why not? The tournament is what 10-12 games long? 120 overs is about the equivalent of 2.5 tests over the space of 6 weeks. That's not too demanding imo.

But yes, if any quick gets injured (and let's hope it's Behrendorff or Richardson) then Haze must be brought in.

the big bambino

International Captain
Why not? The tournament is what 10-12 games long? 120 overs is about the equivalent of 2.5 tests over the space of 6 weeks. That's not too demanding imo.

But yes, if any quick gets injured (and let's hope it's Behrendorff or Richardson) then Haze must be brought in.
Yeah different circumstances I suppose. Aus has rotated bowlers over shorter jamodi series but I suppose they can get them through a WC. It would have been just as important to have Haze (though Pattinson and Jhye R would be fine as well) as a 3rd seamer behind Starc and Cummins. Atm teams believe all they need to do is get through the opening overs and its party time. So my thoughts were to spell Starc or Cummins at some point but play all 3 for the majority of games.