• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Media Release: Andre Retires

Andre

International Regular
Sydney, Tuesday 13 January

Upon the annoucement of the rebel tour squad early this morning, it is with great sadness that I announce my retirement from the Cricket Web player pool at the completion of the tour.

I have been muted by selectors at the present time so I will expand on my decision further at a later date.

I wish my rebel teammates well following the African safari and retire completely satisfied to see justice done and common sense prevailing.

I have achieved all I can in the game and I will retire satisfied following the tour, having been left out of numerous sides since I first spoke about my unrest.

Copyright: Cricket Web Rebels

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Breaking News

Responding to Andre's retirement (whilst withholding a response regarding the rebel tour), Liam Camps stated over the phone 5 minutes ago:

"Andre always gave his best and will be missed. He was a promising player and a developing allrounder. He retires as the best wicketkeeper in CW XI history. As such, he was perhaps the best allrounder in the system and I for one regret to see him go. Hopefully he will return to the game in some capacity."

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Andre Maddocks - a key figure in the inaugural Cricket Web XI fixtures and tours, a figure of strength through its early days, inspirational Development XI captain, and a cornerstone of the Rebellion.

The R2-D2 of the CW XI.

His influence will live on.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
All these comments just make me think about retiring as well, if only to find out what people will find to say about me! :lol:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rik said:
All these comments just make me think about retiring as well, if only to find out what people will find to say about me! :lol:
Chewbacca. Tall, hairy and doesn't make too much sense...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Chewbacca. Tall, hairy and doesn't make too much sense...
Haha not as hairy as you think :P

As for the sense :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Sorry to see you quit the CW XI at this time. Im also sorry that everything has become so bad that people go down to this level.

Oh well. More cricket for me. :D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Oh no :( :(

Argghh... frustration stands..

Andre you have been a truly great servant to the CWXI mate , you will be remembered as a person who gave his very best to the team at games , at training etc .. you put your very best in what you did , when you were keeping , you were solid behind the stumps , and when you made the move to be a part time bowler you put everything behind your decision and worked on your bowling day in day out.

It is really sad to see you go mate , i hope you best of luck in your future in whatever you consider out of cricket ... maybe help some of the cw 'b' players with keeping or sort , you have good international experience ..

Anyway mate bye again and hopefully our friendship remains ..

Andre

International Regular
lord_of_darkness said:
Anyway mate bye again and hopefully our friendship remains ..
Yeah of course it does. I'm a bigger man than letting some simulation game ruin real life :P

Andre

International Regular
Upon reflecting on my career, I'd wish to ask the current keeper PY if it is possible that I have one last stand with the gloves.

This would be in the 4th and final Test match against the South Africans, hoping that I would go out with the ability to do what earnt me an original place.

PY

International Coach
I, PY, would be proud to hand over the gloves to Andre Maddocks for his farewell Test match against the South Africans.

It has been an honour and a privilege to have taken over the job in the side from you. An almost impossible feat to replace such a legend with the gloves.

If it is not possible to stay in the side with me handing over the gloves, I will gladly volunteer to step down and will watch a true fore-runner of CW XI have his final swansong from the beer tent.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
PY said:
I, PY, would be proud to hand over the gloves to Andre Maddocks for his farewell Test match against the South Africans.

It has been an honour and a privilege to have taken over the job in the side from you. An almost impossible feat to replace such a legend with the gloves.

If it is not possible to stay in the side with me handing over the gloves, I will gladly volunteer to step down and will watch a true fore-runner of CW XI have his final swansong from the beer tent.
Many thanks.

I'll have a beer - or 40 - for you in the management box following the tour.

yaju

State Vice-Captain
WHY ARE YOU RETIRING ANDRE WHY DON'T YOU THINK WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO CW11???????????????

YOU ARE AS IMPORTANT TO US AS ANYBODY ELSE.

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE!

SOME PEOPLE CAME BACK FROM RETIREMENT.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!