• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour To Australia !! - News , Views , Results

Cloete

International Captain
haha two captain's knocks!

Cloete XI 1st innings:

Cloete 100 off 120 balls

Rich2001 XI:

Rich2001 91 off 186

well i had the upper hand so :P to you rich

i also hit 8* in the second innings

masterblaster

International Captain
I had a pretty good game if i do say so myself.

Quick wickets, quick runs, I think i'd fit quite well into the senior cricketweb side against the World Champs.

If you want an able lower order hitter, and a nippy fast medium with lots of heart and stamina, well i guess im your man.

After consistent performances season after season for CW 'A' with both bat and ball, I think i deserve atleast an evaluation or consideration to be promoted.

Rest is up to you coach, selectors.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
bugssy said:
bugs very happy with the news he has made the training squad.

spandex is even better, cant wait o be given the chance to perform in ozz.

and Heinekken woohooo
As is Eyes_Only although she is concerned about how some of the boys will look in spandex!!:O :D :P

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
As is Eyes_Only although she is concerned about how some of the boys will look in spandex
likewise i will be spending a lot more time at fine leg since you have to get into them spandex aswell :) :P

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yes i guess you have been noticing for an off spin bowler lord of darkness has been giving a lot of keeping techniques and help to eyes only .. :P

A press statement released from lord

" its just nothing, i got a few tips from my brother ryan a cwb player and i was just passing it on .. we've been close friends for ages eyes and me "

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
The 14 Man Squad for tour of Australia has been finalized after a long board meeting..

Past Performances, present peformances and the training have given us much indication as on who should be there.. most of the squad members already made a mark on the team...
We would like to welcome the re inclusion of Lord Of Darkness who is back from playing his stint with CWA should give neil a lot more support and the off spin leg spin variation from both ends is going to be a delight to watch.. and the ponting gets a cap after lots of good performances for cwa, and rightly deserved so..
For the other guys who didnt make .. dont worry ! in about 46 or more CW players overall you should be glad that you got a callup for the 20 ! and future selections are still open ofcourse

A Full squad review to be posted by me by tuesday and Captains press interview to come soon and co chairman liams press release on the team to come shortly..

Our first game will be a 4day game against NSW..
followed by a 4day game against WA
and then a 4day game against Aus 'A'
and then the First test against Aus

so please prepare for that team..

**Batsmen**
*Rich_2001
Cloete (vc)
Blewy
+PY
Andre (backup +)
Eclipse
Broncoman
Krkode

**Allrounders**
Lord of Darkness
Mr Mxyzptlk
Master Blaster

**Bowlers**
Lucky Eddie
Mr Ponting
Neil Pickup

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
wow!:) :O Didn't expect that! I am honoured to be in the 14 man squad and even if I don't get a game, i'm happy to be here.:)

Thanks guys.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
and the ponting gets a cap after lots of good performances for cwa, and rightly deserved so..

congrats mr ponting, but very disappointed to not get a call up , as i feel i deserve a spot.

but i mustn't be performing to go away on tour.

good to see the favourites get another tour.

VERY DISAPPOINTED

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Im looking foward to a good tour, i think we need to start stepping up and doing whats needed at the crucial parts of matches. I dont expect to wbeat the aussies, but lets put in good performances.

Mr Mxyzptlk

bugssy said:
disappointed to not get a call up , as i feel i deserve a spot.

but i mustn't be performing to go away on tour.

good to see the favourites get another tour.

VERY DISAPPOINTED
Your OD form has been excellent, but your 5D form has been mediocre.

masterblaster

International Captain
Absolutely thrilled and overjoyed to get a call up.

Im thrilled at the prospect of bowling against the mighty Australian's on the bouncy Australian pitches, where I have been bought up for most of my life.

Im thrilled to be batting on these bouncy pitches as well.

Thanks for the selection!!!!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Don't worry about it bugs - while our bats have to face the mighty Aussies, you and I get to play Dev Cricket again! :D

Eclipse

International Debutant
exellent I am very happy with being selected once again for this tough tour of Australia.

Brett Lee you are going DOWN!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr Mxyzptlk is very pleased to be going on tour again and hopes to further solidify his Flintoffesque role in the side.