• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Cricketweb Land February/March 2010

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW XI so dominant it's boring now IMO. Would rather watch Australia.
Dont forget we are only playing England, if we were up against a decent side like the Windies or Pakistan then we wouldn't be winning as easy.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just so you know, with this sim I cant control the bowling or anything, its just a case of pick the teams and the sim does what it wants.
Oh, that's fair enough then.
Dont forget we are only playing England, if we were up against a decent side like the Windies or Pakistan then we wouldn't be winning as easy.
:blowup:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well obviously, but still getting dangerously close to the point where we win absolutely at life.

Simon

Well obviously, but still getting dangerously close to the point where we win absolutely at life.
Remember I'm still learning with regards to the simming stats and that. It's fair to say I still havent got the balance comparing our players to real life ones, hopefully I can sort it all out by the next series, so we aren't ridiculously good like happened against England.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Remember I'm still learning with regards to the simming stats and that. It's fair to say I still havent got the balance comparing our players to real life ones, hopefully I can sort it all out by the next series, so we aren't ridiculously good like happened against England.
Maybe, but CW XI was already practically a champion side before you took over. I suppose it's the same thing that's happened to Australia, where the system just produces so many good players that it's unavoidable. Also players don't get any worse with age in CWLand.

Not criticising you at all. Just a bit nostalgic for the early days of CW XI, where we struggled a bit. A time when selection dilemmas were of a different variety.

Simon

Cricketweb XI Game 2
1 JE Stedman
2 H Mork+
3 DP Smith
4 DA Kearsley
5 SC Morris
6 JJ Ritchie
7 M Corrin
8 LA Camps
9 K Clapham
10 NL Patrick
11 NS Pickup*

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Mork MOM and opening the batting. Great job especially as he couldnt get a top order gig at the Wolves. That'll learn me

99*

International Debutant
Two catches, 20 runs batting at 6. Nice start for my international career.

And in the second side as well. :D

David

International 12th Man
To be fair to us Liam, I'm the oldest player currently in the league and I'm only 34/5?

That said, I don't think we've been terribly consistent as a test playing nation, but have been far too competitive at the one day international level.

Perhaps a new system should be devised for our international competitiveness. I think our domestic structure is quite strong and needs no significant changes however.

Simon

The domestic structure works because everyone is even, despite having inflated abilities to that of their real life counterparts.

It's a pretty simple thing to fix and that is to lower the simming stats of our batsman so they arent super human, but to come up with a fair way of doing it to ensure competitiveness etc... has been the hard part for me.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm quite happy to keep being awesome.

Heaps keen for my International 20/20 debut. :)

cbuts

International Debutant
CW XI so dominant it's boring now IMO. Would rather watch Australia.

Oz pretty average these days....
NZ, 6 odi wins on the trot now
5 wins on the trot against Australia in NZ
also now lead the Chappell Hadlee, head to head 8-7

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England Lineup For Second T20I:

1. Craig Kieswetter
2. Johnathan Trott
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Paul Collingwood
5. Eoin Morgan
6. Luke Wright
7. Samit Patel
8. Graeme Swann
9. Graham Napier
10. Stuart Broad
11. Tim Bresnan

Mr Mxyzptlk

That said, I don't think we've been terribly consistent as a test playing nation, but have been far too competitive at the one day international level..
Of late we've been terrific at Test level though. Far too much for my enjoyment.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The domestic structure works because everyone is even, despite having inflated abilities to that of their real life counterparts.

It's a pretty simple thing to fix and that is to lower the simming stats of our batsman so they arent super human, but to come up with a fair way of doing it to ensure competitiveness etc... has been the hard part for me.
Simming stats need to be capped. That's about as much as you can do, relatively fairly. You've probably done this already, but guys shouldn't be averaging more than 50 where ITC is concerned etc.