• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia Tour Thread

bryce

International Regular
Not too bad for a warm-up with some decent match practice for most of us, hardly ideal though I think it's going to be a very testing tour for us bowlers. Also i'm obviously very happy to be finding some form ahead of the test series:)

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well a decent 1st hit out.. Some very good points, but a couple of concerns also... Well we've had a chance to blow out the cobwebs, now lets get stuck right in and gear up for the 1st Test...

Personally very happy with my form.. Hoping to carry it through to the test...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The batting hasn't clicked for a few players yet. The bowling was excellent in the first inning. You couldn't do much when Langer and Rodgers got going..

This was a good warm up match for the team.

I reiterate, the batsmen who haven't found form need to get into nick soon. The extra bounce has to be adjusted with as much as possible, as soon as possible.

For this, we will have bowlers bowling from 18 yards in periods in the nets.

cbuts

International Debutant
gotta look at the positives, as it was our first game as a unit for some time. we dominated the game for 3 of the 4 innings. had a meltdown in the last, but that was largely from two individauls who hit some brilliant form. otherwise i thought it was a good result for the team. great century for goffy

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
chooka_nick said:
Code:
G.M. Thomas                                 b Magoffin            23   27  4 0
Is there nothing he cant do :o
Go for less than 4 an over :p

Good start, and to be honest the only reason that WA got a chance was the generous declaration by Goff. Good luck guys for the 1st test.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
If Thamba was 'keeping, there probably would have been a lot more byes. :p

*hides*
LOL maybe, pretty disappointing game for me, but a good game for Cunningham, Hoy, Butler and Goff. Hopefully the rest of us can step up in the Test, there isn't any more warm up games is there?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Cloete quite clearly the pick of the bowlers, there. :p

Some positives to be taken out of the game, along with things the players will have to look into. I'm very confident that the players will improve markedly when push comes to shove - they'll have to!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Come on boys, time to really lift this. We've got to go at them hard, get amongst them and show them they're in a contest. They don't like it up 'em...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
Come on boys, time to really lift this. We've got to go at them hard, get amongst them and show them they're in a contest. They don't like it up 'em...
Go Neil!

David

International 12th Man
Really looking forward to the test, I think we'll perform strongly, and are a big chance of an upset. We just need to be consistent in both innings.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First Test predictions, anyone?

Top scorer CW XI: BJ Goff
Top scorer Australia: RT Ponting
Top wicket-taker CW XI: NS Hoy - time to come of age... in his 3rd Test. No pressure though.
Top wicket-taker Australia: SK Warne - even at the WACA :-O

Top scorer overall: RT Ponting
Top wicket-taker overall: NS Hoy

Toss: CW XI
First wicket to fall: T Mamesh - for a quickfire ton.
Gilchrist to make less than 75 runs in the match.

If I wake up early enough, there will be a live sim at 8am my time. That's 1pm London, 10pm Sydney.