• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Cricket Web XI in the West Indies

cricketboy29

International Regular
Nice one everyone who got selected, heres to hoping all the red players do well :p, and everyone else of course.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Very happy to at least be considered.

Congratulations to all those picked, particularly to the two Blue debutants.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Did Thompson get dropped without playing a game and Hakon replace Ash as the ODI keeper or did i miss something?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well done to those picked, cant say i was expecting a call up but id be lying if i said i was wasnt disapointed to be left out...
good luck to the team...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha. :-O

Extremely surprised to be picked in the squad. Glad that the selectors see something in me, and the 'A' Tour to the Carribean definately was helpful. Don`t expect to be getting a lot of bowling time, but just participating in the squad is a huge opportunity. I could bowl to Lara! :-O That just seems ridiculous. Well done to all those selected, we`re very capable of a big series win.

Can`t wait. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
Did Thompson get dropped without playing a game and Hakon replace Ash as the ODI keeper or did i miss something?
Also, Pickup having a break from the ODI side - that's a bit of a surprise.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done to those selected, especially the Reds :D Good to see Dinu getting a call up, he's big and he's bustling, I needn't say anymore.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Er, selectors?

I know why I'm resting - but Moerk over Chaulk?

Chaulk List A - 4393 @ 47.24
Moerk List A - 1634 @ 23.34

I hope this is selectorial slip of the pen.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Well done to Dinu and Nath for their international debuts.
Unlucky Sean, work on your bowling ;)

Hat goes off to Pete, good career to date my friend, and i'm sure it isn't over yet! :)

Good luck CW, have an enjoyable and rewarding tour.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Good to se my name in both squads im very happy with that. Surprised about a lot of selections, with neil resting and no camps in the test team could be a great time for people to step up.

cbuts

International Debutant
i think this tour will do alot of good for cricket in CW.it gives some oyoung players a chance to prove themseelves, and learn waht international cricket is all about

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm also surprised at some of the selections but certainly not the fact that I'm missing out - while I would rather be fighting for a regular first-team selection than a fringe selection, I respect the fact that I've not been in top form lately. However some of the other selections do make me wonder if this is really a case of CWXI putting forth the best team or if we're resting one too many players.

Still, I'm sure there are reasons and I'm guessing it's something to do with establishing a wider player base at an international level in preparation for the World Cup.