Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 391

Thread: **Official CW Football Signup Thread**

  1. #166
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,181
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. If you can do that, I can change all the stats in my side.

    "Hey Mat Currie, can you up your shooting and age. You'll walk right into the National side man, do it."

    You'd love that.
    TBH, and without wanting to be controversial twice in a day, I agree with the above.

    I dont get how the people at the top of the signing board get to design their next player. Guys should sign up and be either accepted or declined. Simple as.

    Changing stats as a condition of being accepted to a team isnt on.
    Last edited by Goughy; 11-01-2007 at 02:23 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  2. #167
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    TBH, and without wanting to be controversial twice in a day, I agree with the above.

    I dont get how the people at the top of the signing board get to design their next player. Guys should sign up and be either accepted or declined. Simple as.

    Changing stats as a condition of being accepted to a team isnt on.
    Agreed.

  3. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,746
    Well tbh there is nowhere saying you can't I think it would be utterly unfair if I had to change them now so Im staying firm the last time I posted my stats is how I want them.

    I agree sort of in some people's case that it could be wrong but there is nothing stopping it at this minute.

  4. #169
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    DRS Box
    Posts
    19,032
    Certainly needs to be a hearing imo.If only to clarify the rules.


  5. #170
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,063
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance View Post
    Well tbh there is nowhere saying you can't I think it would be utterly unfair if I had to change them now so Im staying firm the last time I posted my stats is how I want them.

    I agree sort of in some people's case that it could be wrong but there is nothing stopping it at this minute.
    As much as it doesn't you can't do it, it doesn't say you can do it either. Also, if we're trying to have any realism, you don't see Lucas Neill suddenely changing from Good Defender, to Gun striker in a matter minutes because Liverpool (where he's looking to move to) are having trouble in front of goal.

    The original stats you posted, and perhaps the 1st lot after that (when you realised you didn't use all the available stat) should be the only valid ones, and all others afterwards should be disconsidered. A) Because not only is it unfair on those other captains who have taken new sign-ups, but also to the other players who may want to change their stats to fill a hole in their team.

    I can garuntee that if it's allowed, the PA rep will be called into the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  6. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,746
    I don't see the problem with it tbh I have not played a match so it hasn't had any affect on anything and after talking to the captain he has said I only have a chance of joining them if I do this I have done that as I want to join that team absolutely no problem with it imo.

  7. #172
    International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth. WA
    Posts
    6,649
    rodgie will not walk into the national team because i will bash him
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

    Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata



    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

  8. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,746
    oh dear chaulk no way.

  9. #174
    Banned Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,124
    disgraceful.

  10. #175
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Players had an option of changing their stats at the start of the season, to make themselves better and many used that option. So its not like no one has done it before, im pretty one of those guys was Dan Smith. I don't see how this is any different.

    First of all he didn't allocate all his points, like couple of the last sign ups. So i just told him he had an extra eight points to use. Then just suggested a way for him to become a better player in ESMS. At the end of the day it was his final decision to have which stats he wanted.

    I don't see why players can't change their stats before they play their first game, we all got the option at the start, so why can't newbies. And if people are going to tell me that captains didn't influence players to change their stats, then i'll pull some posts made by Kev and Smith. We might have taken it to a different level by incouraging Justin to have 30 passing, but im confident i did it all in the rules of the game.

    I'll give you another situation where captains in CW Cricket have asked their players to change from being a spin bowler to fast bowler. All i did in theory was ask Justin to go from being a box to box midfielder as we have Manju for that role to be an out and out play maker, which is what our club needed, just like those clubs needed fast bowlers not spinners.
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 11-01-2007 at 05:39 PM.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  11. #176
    International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth. WA
    Posts
    6,649
    Northside Power FC should be demoted to Serie B

  12. #177
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,063
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Players had an option of changing their stats at the start of the season, to make themselves better and many used that option. So its not like no one has done it before, im pretty one of those guys was Dan Smith. I don't see how this is any different.

    First of all he didn't allocate all his points, like couple of the last sign ups. So i just told him he had an extra eight points to use. Then just suggested a way for him to become a better player in ESMS. At the end of the day it was his final decision to have which stats he wanted.

    I don't see why players can't change their stats before they play their first game, we all got the option at the start, so why can't newbies. And if people are going to tell me that captains didn't influence players to change their stats, then i'll pull some posts made by Kev and Smith. We might have taken it to a different level by incouraging Justin to have 30 passing, but im confident i did it all in the rules of the game.

    I'll give you another situation where captains in CW Cricket have asked their players to change from being a spin bowler to fast bowler. All i did in theory was ask Justin to go from being a box to box midfielder as we have Manju for that role to be an out and out play maker, which is what our club needed, just like those clubs needed fast bowlers not spinners.
    Point me to where it says that CW Football has anything to do with CW Cricket??

    It's a fair point that Rodgie didn't use his full quota of stats with his 1st post, but then for him to continuously change them again at your request is a bit raw. This should mean that next time someone signs up, the team first in line can completely change their stats to suit there team, which is quite simply wrong. Players should be chosen on what the sign up us, otherwise whats the point of having the draft order as we do now??

    Also, i think you'll find a post from Blewy as well that mentions no more player stat changes, barring aggression, now that the season has started.

  13. #178
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy View Post
    Updated mate

    A Reminder to everyone else... This is the last chance to be able to update your stats... Once the Pre-Season is underway there will be no Stats alterations for ANYONE!!!!
    Northen Power FC had their chance to change their players stats before the season just as everyone else did. No-one has done it since then for the simple fact that this post prohibits it.

  14. #179
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Point me to where it says that CW Football has anything to do with CW Cricket??

    It's a fair point that Rodgie didn't use his full quota of stats with his 1st post, but then for him to continuously change them again at your request is a bit raw. This should mean that next time someone signs up, the team first in line can completely change their stats to suit there team, which is quite simply wrong. Players should be chosen on what the sign up us, otherwise whats the point of having the draft order as we do now??

    Also, i think you'll find a post from Blewy as well that mentions no more player stat changes, barring aggression, now that the season has started.
    From my understanding that only applies to current players. I don't see why new players can't change their stats before they sign up and its not like this is the first time a captain has encouraged a player to change their stats eg:

    Matt Luff: went from 17 ST to 25 ST
    Dan Smith: went from 25 ST to 33 ST
    M Hutchinson: went from 17 ST to 30 ST
    Hak: went from 17 PS to 23 PS
    Greg Thomas: went from a keeper to forward to midfielder to suit the teams needs

    No one said anything at all about these changes and IMO no one would have said anything about Justin's changes is i did it by msn and email like im sure the other captains.

    Also its not like he changed his stats dramatically, he always was a midfielder. At the end of the day, if he didn't want the stats he didn't have to pick them. Justin had the final say.

    Really if the guys above could all change their stats like they did i see no reason why newbie can't do the same before they play a game.

  15. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,746
    But I didn't sign up before the start of the season did I Clapham!

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW XI - Football
    By Blewy in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 26-09-2006, 05:48 AM
  2. Italian Football Scandal
    By Pothas in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 08:15 PM
  3. Football (soccer) HELP
    By archie mac in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-07-2006, 08:11 PM
  4. For all Football fans here-Select the greatest ever 5 club teams:
    By roni10_levi in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 01:40 PM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 28-06-2006, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •