• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official CW Football Signup Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
Is there a major problem with one team having 12 players and others have 10?
Wouldn't this be worse then having 11 each?? I mean 1 player is always gonna be stuck on the bench that way?? Once all teams have 11 each then we can look at other systems, and like i said once trading is in we will be able to work around any issues regarding to many players in the one position...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't this be worse then having 11 each?? I mean 1 player is always gonna be stuck on the bench that way?? Once all teams have 11 each then we can look at other systems, and like i said once trading is in we will be able to work around any issues regarding to many players in the one position...
I think this week is the first time since the start if the season that we have had all our CW players avaiable for selection. So if red cards keep flying around, i don't think players sitting on the bench will be an issue. But yeah i guess after all teams have eleven players we can look at other options.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just out of interest

Only 3 teams (Fury, Dynamo & Swell) have 10 CWL players, the others (Power, Stallions & United) have 11. So after the next 3 sign-ups you'd think all teams would have XI CW Land players.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Greg Thomas: went from a keeper to forward to midfielder to suit the teams needs

TBH, I changed to suit my needs because there was a better keeper at United anyway and I wouldn't get a game at all. I changed it so I would be guaranteed a game at United, just like everyone else is first choice for their sides.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just out of interest

Only 3 teams (Fury, Dynamo & Swell) have 10 CWL players, the others (Power, Stallions & United) have 11. So after the next 3 sign-ups you'd think all teams would have XI CW Land players.
Stallions have two keepers, so one would be on the bench

Johnners

imo an activity check should take place at the end of this round... give players up until the round 13 takes place to show their activity?? (that'd be 8 days i think?) Of course if a player is known to be away for a valid reason they'd be excused. Thoughts???

Johnners

48hrs is far to short IMO, it unfairly doesn't account for people on holidays, doing exams, internet access problems etc. and therefore are unable to get onto CW for sometimes up to a week.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
48hrs is far to short IMO, it unfairly doesn't account for people on holidays, doing exams, internet access problems etc. and therefore are unable to get onto CW for sometimes up to a week.
There only going to be inactive if they haven't posted for like 2 months, whats 48 hours after 2 months of not posting.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Before an activity check is done we need to determine what will happen in a case of people being deemed inactive... I know there are a few teams who will have quite a few players deemed inactive and how we go about replacing them players fairly is quite important...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Hjahahahaha, just read this thread AFTER the activity thread.

People : Do not blame blewy for the 48 rule, blame Tharmi!

chaminda_00 said:
We do need an activity check and players should get 48 hours to show they are not inactivity.
hahah ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.