Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    Need someone to partner with!
    We can get something worked out.

In by request of Cribb
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

Information for first timers:
    • The idea is to to draft a squad (16) of players to play a match right now (assume they aren't injured). There will be simulated injuries and form dips throughout the season the sim, so don't neglect your 12th-16th picks - you'll need them.
    • The matches will last for five days, so you should be focusing on long-form ability.
    • You're allowed to pick retired players, but keep in mind that the players who haven't played in a while wouldn't be amazing in real life and hence won't be amazing here either. An amazing player who retired in 2016 might go okay but he likely won't be world class, and someone who retired in the 80s will likely be useless.
    • Obviously my rating system isn't perfect, but it may be more sophisticated than you're anticipating. If you're familiar with my standardised averages project, it's based loosely on the same principles as that but also applied to domestic cricket. Picking someone from Irish domestic cricket with good First Class averages probably won't be the hack you think it is, for example, as the different competitions are weighted differently based on a number of factors.
    • If you want help managing the draft or setting lineups after the draft is over, we've got GIMH, Zorax and Vimes (possibly, depending on his vague post?) who were keen to play who have done this before, so they might be interested in teaming up with you if you ask them. Feel free to team up with others too if you like - we've had a few other people post in here saying they were keen too (I think I remember trundler and kingkallis off the top of my head).

Information for everyone:
    • 16 man squads.
    • 12 teams, so 11 rounds. We're not doing home and away pitches this time because it's a new sim I've created myself - I want to test the waters a bit before throwing different conditions at it.
    • 5 team final series.
    • Ladder points system as follows: 8 points for a win, 4 for a draw/tie, 2 points for having a first innings lead, 1 for a first innings draw/tie (10 points total each match).
    • 12 hour time limits between picks, after which you get skipped and can pick your missed player whenever you like. If your turn comes around again and you still have a player to pick then you get auto-skipped from your next turn as well. The exception to this will be everyone's first pick which I'll give a 24 time limit on to make sure everyone has a chance to see this has started.
    • Make your draft picks in the separate draft thread so I can see them all in a row when I need to.

Information for experienced players:
    • I see this as kind of a proof of concept and a test for the new sim, so some of the more elaborated features you've seen when I've run this previously won't be around.
    • No retentions for following seasons - don't recruit players you don't think will do well for you this time around.
    • No home/away pitches (see "information for everyone" section).
    • No Second XI games (although I do have a good idea for how to deal with these in an interesting way in later seasons).
    • ODIs don't count at all in the database yet (although I'm working on a way of dealing with this for players who it might help in later seasons).
    • No elaborate stats site for your players on CricSim (although I will post stat updates every round for you).
    • I'm going to ask James to open up the old subforum for this, which is here: Cricket Web Premier League (it's not open yet, but if you can't find this thread later, it'll be over there).
    • I'm just about to post the draft order
    • hype
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 29-12-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    morgieb, zorax and Bijed like this.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Hype
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    *insert fap smiley*
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Draft thread is up. Make your draft picks in there, but only make draft picks in there so it doesn't get too cluttered for me.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cric...ml#post4138346

Round 1 order:

Round 1
    1. Daemon -
    2. Athlai -
    3. Marcuss -
    4. Flem274* -
    5. Randycricfreak -
    6. Howe_zat -
    7. GoodAreasShane -
    8. Dan -
    9. morgieb -
    10. Chewie -
    11. SillyCowCorner1 -
    12. Spark -

Oh, something I didn't mention in my info post was that banned/suspended players are also fine to select.

State Vice-Captain

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Thanks Cribb

God I hate going first

Funny how the last time we did this Big Daddy Kane went 4th round and Kohli 3rd.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    You're allowed to pick retired players, but keep in mind that the players who haven't played in a while wouldn't be amazing in real life and hence won't be amazing here either. An amazing player who retired in 2016 might go okay but he likely won't be world class, and someone who retired in the 80s will likely be useless.
    Do you still account differently for players retired from Tests/FC but not other forms of the game vs players that have given it all up like Gambhir for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Do you still account differently for players retired from Tests/FC but not other forms of the game vs players that have given it all up like Gambhir for example?
    Yeah.

Remember that a good drafter when about to go to bed, sends their pick to someone who picks after them or Cribb.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Remember that a good drafter when about to go to bed, sends their pick to someone who picks after them or Cribb.
    Will be harder on CW due to lack of PM's, VM's would just give too much away. Though I suppose a lot of us have Cribb on Facebook.

It also can get to a point where it’s obvious Phlegm isn’t about to pick Rahim and I’m immediately after him, but yeah Facebook first.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information