• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Freeware Game - Coming Out SOon!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
A New Freeware cricketgame called Mumbai Cricket 2002 is going to come out soon , i have joined the group of people involved in it ( yaju and sriram k ) and the game is developing a lot faster

Whats there in it :P
There is an option for tri-nation
WorldCUp 2002
Its Onedayers only
Latest Squads with pictures ( hopefully ) Squads will get updated each month
Trying to add rain in the game
Test will be added later
Statistically accurate i have played it and it is accurate most of the times
The latest grounds with as accurate as possible ground stats
Batting averages etc bowling top wickets , averages everything updates with each game

I will keep updating this section with some screenshots

Keep coming back

There is also a link to the site through Cricketweb:P

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Lol they asked for a bit of help so that game production gets faster

hey , im still open to help you anytime :D + im trying to ask them to take you in so we can advance the game a lot faster and creating the test part

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
That'll be great. My exams are over and I'm now free. I am trying to work on a Football simulator which will be available soon.

If you want me to work in developing Mumbai Cricket 2002, please let me know by email. I can do a bit of VB and can handle the graphics portion along with some website maintainance and all that. :D :D :D

Regards,
QuickFire.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
It will be based on Amazing Cricket 2002 for score generation but it will have some new improved code added to that for much realistic results and an improved display with score summary. That's all I can think about at this point of time. It's far from completion yet. When it's completed at least becomes playable, I'll let you know. ;) :D

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
I am sorry to correct u ruben but tri nation is not there as yet.
Also wc,rain and tests are very far away (probably in ver 2 if I do it!!!).
The link to the site is
http://www.cricketweb.net/mc

And yes, sumit u can join in too.The more the merrier!! and do get an msn id soon.It would be much better chatting than discussing thro mail.

Sriram k

[Edited on 6/15/02 by Sriram k]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
hey quick plz try and get msn messenger :p

hey sriram we can work on that cant we ? now that we have another vb developer we got 4 ppl working on the game im sure that things will happen a lost faster now ?

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hi,

I had an MSN id but probably it had been cancelled because I don't use that.

Don't you have an Yahoo Id?

I have one. Will that be enough or I'll have to get an MSN Id?

Please reply!!

By the way, thanks a lot.. :D :D :D

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Thanks a lot Sriram for the compliments.
I got your id. lord_of_d'ness & yaju, post your's soon!!

My Yahoo id is sumit_supersonic@yahoo.com
kindly specify when you'll be online in IST. If you don't live in India, then IST = GMT + 5.30 Hrs.

Thanks.
:)

[Edited on 6/16/02 by QuickFire]

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Quickfire!!!
Just wondering about the game Soccer Sim 2002....
My mate is a keen soccer fan and has been looking for a soccer sim game in the makings of Virtual Cricket 4, to run a PBEM soccer league... He asked me to ask u when will the game be released and will it be able to run PBEM's like VC4?????
Cheers

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hey Quickfire!!!
Just wondering about the game Soccer Sim 2002....
My mate is a keen soccer fan and has been looking for a soccer sim game in the makings of Virtual Cricket 4, to run a PBEM soccer league... He asked me to ask u when will the game be released and will it be able to run PBEM's like VC4?????
Cheers
Hi Greg,

I have not decided on the release date yet as I am working on more than one project for the time being. Probably, I will be able to release at least a playable version of the game within a months time.

As for running a PBEM league is concerned, I don't know whether it will be able to satisfy your demand. Presently the emphasis is on making a simple simulator that will be able to turn out simple results after the stipulated time. Its as simple as that. I may try and think of other features in the future. If that's enough to solve your problem, its fine.

You may contact me for more on this anytime you want and do keep an eye on my website http://sumitsoft.cjb.net for the latest on this.

Regards.

[Edited on 6/18/02 by QuickFire]

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hi lord,

I have sent both you and sriram messages from my messenger. Hope you got it. Now add my id to your messenger so that we can actually start working on the project ASAP. Its of no use just getting our name for the project without actually doing something. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Cheers. :D :D :D :D :D

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hi lord and Sriram,

I can't find you online. I don't know what's the reason. You don't even post in this forum. What's the matter?