• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nixonia - CricketWeb takes on the World

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given the lusty selection policy I doubt I'll be selected next test. Hope I am, don't think I'm being given the chance of producing my full value in the side, but am hoping we can band together to get a victory soon.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Third Ashes Test Match
England vs Australia

Australia XI -
Nick Scott
John Heads
Kyle Wright
Greg Thomas
Mat Mitchell
Jake McDonald
Neil Pickup (wk)
Nathan Patrick (capt)
Ryan Dunn
Kieran Horton
Heath Davis

Coach's Call -
There's a shuffle of the batting order and Dunn comes back in to replace Gelman. Heath and Dunn will hopefully get us off to an explosive start with the new pill and then Patrick and Horton will keep things tight with the older ball. It'd be great also to have a good fifth bowling option, but so far, no-one has stood up.

We can't lose this Test Match, or the series is gone. A draw is the minimum here.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I feel the criticism of my 405-ball 98 (a) cost me a place in history as slowest Test centurion in England, and (b) caused me to bat like a **** in the Second Test.

Mercifully the reserve keeper cannot bat, at all. So he won't be playing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
England far too good, the Ashes change hands

The unfortunate reality for Australia is that this tour so far has been extremely one-sided. You can make excuses for the conditions, the squad, the injuries, but in the end, England have triumphed in every department. Graham Thorpe came into the side replacing the injured Michael Vaughan and immediately made his presence felt with 123 first-innings runs. With that, the match was taken away from Australia, who folded rather meekly.

Australia have a friendly against Middlesex, before the last two Tests. For their sake, let's hope something changes.

Coach's Call -
Simply, we haven't been good enough. Our batsmen aren't making big scores and our bowling has been far too loose. Let's try and keep things respectable in the last Two Tests.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Pretty happy with my penetration, but obviously gave a few too many runs away at the same time in the 2nd test and whilst a better economy in the 3rd, probably lost a bit of that penetration.

I think the real problem over the last two tests has been the batting in the 1st innings. We really haven't put enough runs on the board to allow the bowlers to pressurise England. Not sure what the 1st morning conditions have been like as I've been seeing a sports psychologist whilst off the field to make sure I'm "in the right head space".

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Pretty happy with my penetration, but obviously gave a few too many runs away at the same time in the 2nd test and whilst a better economy in the 3rd, probably lost a bit of that penetration.

I think the real problem over the last two tests has been the batting in the 1st innings. We really haven't put enough runs on the board to allow the bowlers to pressurise England. Not sure what the 1st morning conditions have been like as I've been seeing a sports psychologist whilst off the field to make sure I'm "
in the right head space".
:naughty:

Mister Wright

Prefer my latest batting spot, but disappointed I couldn't carry on for a century. We have truly been outclassed.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Three Day Friendly
Middlesex vs Australia

Australia XI -
Jamee Gray
Nick Scott
Kyle Wright
Mat Mitchell
Greg Thomas
Kev Gough
Ryan Dunn
Nathan Patrick
Kieran Horton
Heath Davis
Zachary Gelman

Coach's Call -
Just giving everything a go now. Rumour has it that Higgy might be back before the next Test aswell. Something needs to work.

Last edited: