• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All-rounders.

Swing

Cricket Spectator
Where's a good place to put an allrounder? I tend to see them at number six .. is that where they go or can they go anywhere (I've had Virender Sehwag [Agressive] and a youth player [Very Agressive] open the batting in ODIs)

bryce

International Regular
i tend to put them at no.6 they are normally aggressive or just one place above the 'keeper

Swing

Cricket Spectator
Ah, good thanks. I've got him at no.7 but I some times promote him to no. 5 or 4.

Thanks for that. :laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I have Freddie Flintoff in my England Side, and although I put him at 8 (generally have 3 + Giles in my One Day Team), if we lose a wicket in the first 10 overs, he goes in, on 6 or 7 aggression to great success - usually gets 30 or 40 off 20 or so balls, but sometims plays a longer innings at run a ball.

Mind you I didn't have cause to put him in at 3 in one of my recent games, but when a wicket fell with 8 overs to go, he was promoted up to 5, and scored a quite nice 51 off 21 balls.

So I suppose the moral of the story is play the players where the match situation dictates.

nibbs

International Captain
i think it depends on their skill level.
Samaraweera would usually bat at 3 or 4. But most allroundersi rekon should bat between 6 and 8.

Swing

Cricket Spectator
Speaking of ODIs have any of you broken 500 runs? I managed to getting 502 with my two openers getting hundreds.

James

Cricket Web Owner
502! How did you manage that!

I only have ICC2 and my highest in that is 334/6 off 50 overs against one of those minor-county sides.

trueblueyork

U19 12th Man
my highest ever score is 504-0 in indiaVs.ZIM.well ya it aint no big achievement but it is my highest score wit ganguly and tendulkar smashing double hundreds.

theres a simple answer to dat james.....
max aggression!!!! :cheesy:

bryce

International Regular
my highest is 562/5 vs minor counties side with my no 4 getting 265*(137) and my no.5 getting 165(87)