• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryce

International Regular
England bet me 2-0 in the Test series - inconsistent batting performances and lack of pentration in the bowling attack were the two underlying factors in the failed series. Though I smashed England 5-0 in the ODI's to give me some sort of revenge..
Fulton still an opener and Bond still in the game(though he is ****ing ****!):wacko:

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
England bet me 2-0 in the Test series - inconsistent batting performances and lack of pentration in the bowling attack were the two underlying factors in the failed series. Though I smashed England 5-0 in the ODI's to give me some sort of revenge..
Fulton still an opener and Bond still in the game(though he is ****ing ****!):wacko:
Yeah. I never understood why bond was so terrible in ICC games. Even in my ICC06 games he is average at best.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah. I never understood why bond was so terrible in ICC games. Even in my ICC06 games he is average at best.
There are very very few fast bowlers in the game that I find do well. I think Hoggard has been the only one I've ever used with reasonable success. Usually have to wait until a generated quick shows up, using a revolving door for the quicks while the spinners take shedloads.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I cbf with the story - I will pick it up once a few new players come up - atm it is just too boring and like real life. In that I lost the SAF series :( However, I beat them in the NZ-SAF-AUS tri-series after, then beat them in South Africa in the tests, but then lost the ODIs. Basically I own them... :ph34r:

Anyway, on the 2009 Ashes now, thought I would post a few rofl-worthy screens. In the 3rd Test, I was in a 'spot of bother' at 6/426 before Johnson and Haddin came in - beat the Aus all-time record by 100 runs, whatevs... fwiw Johnson may not be that great a bowler in this game but he is an insane batsman. Also check out Watson's 413 against MCC... not bad!

And most impressively, check out Jaques' form in that triangular series! The last 3 games were the final series against NZ...

Attachments

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are very very few fast bowlers in the game that I find do well. I think Hoggard has been the only one I've ever used with reasonable success. Usually have to wait until a generated quick shows up, using a revolving door for the quicks while the spinners take shedloads.
Graeme Smith's off-spin>>>any South African seamer.

bryce

International Regular
Impressive array of screenshots - massive effort with Johnson. I wouldn't mind signing him as a English county and batting him consistently at three and seeing what you can get out of him. Johnson is also quite a sharp bowler in my experience, here is a screenshot of him from my Aussie game. Also Siddle is hugely consistent with the ball across all forms, but other than Mark Cameron I don't think any other Aussie seamers are any good - Lee, Tait, Clark, Dorey etc have all been woeful for me, though Lee was almost half-decent for the first couple of seasons but now every time I play him he is entirely ineffective.

Attachments

Last edited:

Uppercut

Australia are touring India, and Harbhajan has got Ponting early in every one of his first five innings. Does the game slip these little nuances in or is it coincidence?

NZTailender

I've had a fair few last delivery wins in ICC before, mainly batting, and sometimes bowling - but those defending wins have all been in OD matches. This is the first Test that I can recall winning on the last delivery of the Test match defending a total.

NZTailender

We made about 700 in 4 days on a pitch that started to break up. Spinners accounted for most of the wickets.

NZTailender

Sehwag gave me a scare here, tbh. Though I knew by the last ball they would've have to have gotten it off a no ball, still gave me a jitter.

_Ed_

This has to be one of the worst top order collapses ever.

I should point out that yes, this is the same match that I mentioned in my NZ story thread - the one where India were 429-3 at stumps on day one. Heavy defeat on the way here one might suggest.

Although to be fair the bowlers were superb on the second day, bowling them out for 473, but what does the top order do to back them up? Useless ****s.

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Shockin'.

Anyway, I am in 2010 with my Australia game, currently at home for the Ashes. Batting isn't really a problem just yet with M Hussey, Jaques, Ponting, Katich, Pomersbach, D Hussey, Watson and Hughes all kicking around, but bowling is a bit of an issue - just so inconsistent. There'll be games where Johnson takes 5 and everyone else chips in and we roll a team for 150, but then there are always games where nobody has any luck at all and we struggle big time. And there are no good spinners!

Which leads me to this. Heading into the 2nd test, I just decided I wanted a spinner, after about 3-4 years of no spin whatsoever, aside from Clarke. Cam White was the best on offer, so I gave him a run... incredible.

Attachments

Uppercut

Shockin'.

Anyway, I am in 2010 with my Australia game, currently at home for the Ashes. Batting isn't really a problem just yet with M Hussey, Jaques, Ponting, Katich, Pomersbach, D Hussey, Watson and Hughes all kicking around, but bowling is a bit of an issue - just so inconsistent. There'll be games where Johnson takes 5 and everyone else chips in and we roll a team for 150, but then there are always games where nobody has any luck at all and we struggle big time. And there are no good spinners!

Which leads me to this. Heading into the 2nd test, I just decided I wanted a spinner, after about 3-4 years of no spin whatsoever, aside from Clarke. Cam White was the best on offer, so I gave him a run... incredible.
Didn't you notice that spin>>>>>seam in ICC 2008? I don't know how you got by with no spinner. Hell, Graeme Smith's part-time off-spin is better than the whole SA pace attack put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.