• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yuvraj Or Chopra

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
chopra should replace yuvraj for the next test and ive been hearing rumours that kaif will open i find that the stupidest thing ive heard all month

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
krishneelz said:
chopra should replace yuvraj for the next test and ive been hearing rumours that kaif will open i find that the stupidest thing ive heard all month
I can see only one 'logic' in getting Kaif to open. He will fail and the present edge he has over Yuvraj for selection will disappear :p :p

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the result of that warped contract system. If they had contracted more players, they would have more options. And they would be taken seriously, too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The number contracted is not at fault - I don't think England have contracted anywhere near as many...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
The number contracted is not at fault - I don't think England have contracted anywhere near as many...
The problem is that the Indians don't have tearaway fast bowlers, genuine all-rounders, wicketkeepers who can at least keep well or bat well enough for a top-6, openers of top-6 quality or just plain hard-hitting batsmen who can either dominate from ball one or stage a counter-attack, and have contracted 17 very average players who are nowhere close to world class, and are obliged to stick with them even then.