• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dimitri Mascarenhas

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
Tee hee.

I listened to Tuffers last night - and he had Adam Hollioake in the studio.

What a riveting conversation THAT was - worthy of DD

<quack> watch it

How'd it go, DD?

<quack>

Verbatim:

<Tuffers> Oight, Ollyock?
<Adam> Oight Tuffers. Yersel?
<Tuffers> Oight. Wot chadoing now yer a 'man of leisure'?
<Adam> Keepin' busy - benefit season, mate - rannin arahnd, Bob's yer Ankle.
<Tuffers> Playin' that there Twennytwenny nex' year, are yah then innit?
<Adam> Nah! Gor blimey Charlie mate - got some beer to swill nah. You still keepin fit - saw you ap the jangle in that telly program...
<Tuffers> Wot - me? Leave it aht. I dun even ran arfter a curry nah, mate.
<Adam> Oi. Goin ap the Palace nex' week?
<Tuffers> Dunnoe. Let's bring Judgie in ere. Oi, Judgie. Am I, or am I not, goin' ap the Palace nex' week?
<Robin> Ah kennut say fur certain, but in all prrrrrubability ah should say thet ah wouild hef picked Ellan Lemb fer the tour of Seth Efrika
Pure class...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So the gist of it is he's a Sri Lankan-Portugese-Greek-Russian-Australian-Englishman...
Even better than Geirant Jones.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doesn't Mascarenhas sound Greek to you, too?
It sure does to me, and it seems to to Rich, too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
right well, due to the consistantly bad performances of rikki clarke, surely it is time dimi got his chance? he's been in good form, and with the rest of the rabble called up why on earth should he overlooked? its time he had a go!

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dont think Dimi will ever get his chance, I honeslty dont know how well he would do in international cricket but he really is deserving of a chance. He has been a great hero for hampshire for the past few years and is currently avergaing 22 with the ball in the county championship this season and is performing well with the bat in the pro40, scored a very quick 40 not out the other day.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well its better than Tremlett and Warne. Im not saying that is the only reason for his inclusion it just shows he is on good form.

As for old shaun no one can take away that 4-14 or whatever it was

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
After that 4-14 he was going on about how he wanted to play in The Ashes. You imagine that when he said that, Ricky Ponting echoed his sentiments.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Dimi will never get his chance.. Rikki's amazing 30 odd sealed his ODI place for a couple of years yet. Absolute disgrace and England reap what they sow when it comes to ODI team selections..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say he deserves to get a chance at this stage especially with stupid Clarke getting a call up again, but for some reason England haven't picked in the 30 for the champions trophy. Hopefully he may get a chance in the VB series..

brockley

International Captain
Doesn't he have dual british and australian citzenship,he could play for australia if he wanted.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
brockley said:
Doesn't he have dual british and australian citzenship,he could play for australia if he wanted.
And therefore totally eliminate his prospects of international cricket?

brockley

International Captain
You have stolen ervine,mullally,gallian,mccague and white off us plus others,tried to steal symmo and jaques,why not give one back its a 2 way street you stealing so and so.
Anyway mascahernhas played his early cricket in australia thankyou and he hasn't played for england yet so fairs' fair,hope warnie talks him across :cool: .

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Um. Any of these actually half-decent?
Mullaly was a useful ODI bowler, and White had a good season or so as a bowler in the test side. Richard reckons he's better than McGrath, at least.