• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wat evr hapnd 2 Merv Dillon

Craig

World Traveller
I would say he is out of favour with the West Indies selectors.

The way this injury crisis is going, he may soon be going to England.

Sehwag309

Banned
Saw him on Cricket PPV

He is playing for New York in the Current American Pro Cricket Series

Here is a pic of what it looks like to play cricket in the US of A

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
20-over stuff from what I hear. Ganga is playing there also and Collymore was there before his callup.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
he had a terrible tour of SA and i agree with the decision to leave him out. If its a thrust for the future then Dillon hasn't a role to play there. Personally i would rather to see a few losses now and a great team in a few few years than an average team for the next few years. Incidentally, while many are criticising, here is what the WI has done under Lara's 2nd stint. Ranking is at the time of playing. WI's ranking of 8th has not changed.

Australia (4 Tests): 3-1 West Indies [Aussies ranked 1st] West Indies and India are the only team to beat Australia in the last few years.

Sri Lanka (2 Tests): 0-1 West Indies [SL ranked 6th]

Zimbabwe (2 Tests): 0-1 West Indies [Zim ranked 9th]

South Africa (4 Tests): 3-0 West Indies [SA ranked 2nd]

England (4 Tests): 3-0 West Indies [England ranked 4th]

Bangladesh (2 Tests): 0-1 West Indies [Ban ranked 10th]

England* (4 Tests):2-0 West Indies [Eng ranked 2nd]

*Still in Progress.

WI has faced some very tough opposition in the last 18 months. We managed to beat the two teams below us and a team with the #1 bowler in Murali, above us. We haven't played Pakistan, India or New Zealand, who were recently whitewashed 3-0 by England. Now i'm not saying that we're going to thrash those teams, but teams like India and Pakistan still give you a chance, not like South Africa, Australia and the improving England.

Swervy

International Captain
Revelation said:
he had a terrible tour of SA and i agree with the decision to leave him out. If its a thrust for the future then Dillon hasn't a role to play there. Personally i would rather to see a few losses now and a great team in a few few years than an average team for the next few years. Incidentally, while many are criticising, here is what the WI has done under Lara's 2nd stint. Ranking is at the time of playing. WI's ranking of 8th has not changed.

Australia (4 Tests): 3-1 West Indies [Aussies ranked 1st] West Indies and India are the only team to beat Australia in the last few years.

Sri Lanka (2 Tests): 0-1 West Indies [SL ranked 6th]

Zimbabwe (2 Tests): 0-1 West Indies [Zim ranked 9th]

South Africa (4 Tests): 3-0 West Indies [SA ranked 2nd]

England (4 Tests): 3-0 West Indies [England ranked 4th]

Bangladesh (2 Tests): 0-1 West Indies [Ban ranked 10th]

England* (4 Tests):2-0 West Indies [Eng ranked 2nd]

*Still in Progress.

WI has faced some very tough opposition in the last 18 months. We managed to beat the two teams below us and a team with the #1 bowler in Murali, above us. We haven't played Pakistan, India or New Zealand, who were recently whitewashed 3-0 by England. Now i'm not saying that we're going to thrash those teams, but teams like India and Pakistan still give you a chance, not like South Africa, Australia and the improving England.
iagree...i think that the teams that can be unrelenting with the pressure will easy beat WI coz they are so young, but talent wise, I think there are a lot of players in this WI team who hold their head up and look good, and if the opposition arent paying attention then WI can pull out some good results

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Revelation said:
It's only 18 months since England beat them...

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
As the young quicks continue to struggle with injuries and erratic form, I think Merv will get another recall over the next 12 months.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Revelation said:
he had a terrible tour of SA and i agree with the decision to leave him out.
Dillon didn't take wickets in South Africa, but IMO he looked more like taking wickets than any other bowler. Very unlucky on that tour.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Revelation said:
The only team we beat convincingly in the last year and a half is Sri Lanka. By all rights we should have thrashed Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I don't even think that Zimbabwe should be counted, with the state that they're in at the moment

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Dillon didn't take wickets in South Africa, but IMO he looked more like taking wickets than any other bowler. Very unlucky on that tour.
He looked pretty decent in the one day games vs England as well.