• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian team - A disgrace to the game

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This clearly has potential to get ugly, so I trust that certain parties will be wise enough not to let that happen.

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yaju said:
Pakistanis aren't the most well behaved. Look at Shoaib.

When Sachin got out on 98 last year the guy who took his catch made a remark. If you don't believe me then you just check out the scene again.

Kenya is more well behaved than Pakistan. If you are saying that I am comparing Kenya to Pakistan, well, last year Kenya reached WC Semis whereas Pakistan couldn't even reach the super sixes.

Shoaib is only one example....But there is no second one...
He is just one of 100 Top class cricketers in Pakistan at the moment...who do like him..
Look at Inzamam, Shoaib Malik, Youhana, Yasir Hameed, Taufeeq Umar, Younis Khan and so on....
There are only 1-3 who are really bad... But the others have a very good behaviour and as the new coach called Pakistan as the most deciplined team of the world (following to the time table) , you could also see that they have a good behaviour...

viktor

State Vice-Captain
most teams sledge.. the aussies, prolly deservedly have the worst name, but the others aren't exactly shrinking violets, most indians recall donalds verbal assault on dravid ( and dravids cricketing counter).
like someone said this cud turn ugly so i will stop, but i can't resist making oine pt abt langeveldt's comment vis a vis pathan... no age restrictions on sledging, or am i mistaken?????

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
And yes, he has improved, but he still has his moments. Like yelling at batsman for not walking, when he is the last player in International cricket that would walk. That really ****s me.
I agree that somebody can't comment on somebody not walking when they don't walk.

Although I can see this thread being closed pretty soon.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
I agree that somebody can't comment on somebody not walking when they don't walk.

Although I can see this thread being closed pretty soon.
Why? I haven't seen anything said that could be defamatory or cause argument. Infact, I think everyone has treated this topic with respect. I don't see how that could cause it to be closed, do you?

DJellett

International Debutant
This thread is the disgrace!

When Adam Gilchrist walked, no-one from Sri Lanka said a word.
When Ponting won't walk, everyone goes nuts...!

I think this is nothing more then an attempt to stir up some emotions...

I can make a FULLY unbiased call, as I am an Australian but do not support them.
The Australians will sometimes make mistakes, as will every team.
However, when Australia makes a mistake, it is blown out of context because they are the "role-model team."

Check your facts before you start a stupid thread...Please...

Mister Wright

DJellett said:
This thread is the disgrace!

When Adam Gilchrist walked, no-one from Sri Lanka said a word.
When Ponting won't walk, everyone goes nuts...!

I think this is nothing more then an attempt to stir up some emotions...

I can make a FULLY unbiased call, as I am an Australian but do not support them.
The Australians will sometimes make mistakes, as will every team.
However, when Australia makes a mistake, it is blown out of context because they are the "role-model team."

Check your facts before you start a stupid thread...Please...
Calm down mate! Don't make me take back what I said in my last post...

This thread is not useless, it has been well documented in the media that Australia have the worst reputation, the ICC have even acknowledged it, so have the ACB (sorry...Cricket Australia). The Australian's even had to go into camp to address the problem and write their own rules regarding sledging and abuse.

In regards to Ponting. It is not the fact that he doesn't walk, that is any batsman's right. However, the fact that he then belates opposition batsman for not walking is not right, and quite frankly a low act.

It is the same as Justin Langer demanding the batsman to take his word for a catch, when he himself has benefited (sp) from t.v replays on several occasions.

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
Why? I haven't seen anything said that could be defamatory or cause argument. Infact, I think everyone has treated this topic with respect. I don't see how that could cause it to be closed, do you?
The fact it is potentially flame warring, and like Liam said the potential to get ugly.

I'm not saying it will get locked, or it will soon, but I would not be surprised if it does.

Mister Wright

Craig said:
The fact it is potentially flame warring, and like Liam said the potential to get ugly.

I'm not saying it will get locked, or it will soon, but I would not be surprised if it does.
Fair enough.

Point taken.

DJellett

International Debutant
Mr W, my post was not an attack opn you.

I simply believe that Australia's bad behaviour is taken out of context because they are seen as being the good guys of cricket

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
i have nothing against australia playing cricket in the abusive manner they do, i have alot against other teams who dont do the same!
Warne will bowl a rank long hop and go "hoo and ahhh" to psyche the batsmen out and pretend he meant to bowl it.
The reason the other nations aren't as strong as australia is that they are not playing one part of the game, thats the mental game!

Raj123

U19 Debutant
dude said:
The reason the other nations aren't as strong as australia is that they are not playing one part of the game, thats the mental game!
or score enough runs or take enough wickets.

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
Raj123 said:
or score enough runs or take enough wickets.
um...its because the aussies psyche the opponents out mentaly is why the other teams dont score or take wickets???

Raj123

U19 Debutant
dude said:
um...its because the aussies psyche the opponents out mentaly is why the other teams dont score or take wickets???
nothing to do with having the best batting and bowling lineup then......

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
I know you didn't, and my post was not a go at you it was in reference to Yaju's post:

And yes, he has improved, but he still has his moments. Like yelling at batsman for not walking, when he is the last player in International cricket that would walk. That really ****s me.
So? As if you wouldn't do the same. I know I would. Cricketers are always going to be hypocrites in one way or another, plus its another way to annoy your opponent :D

Deja moo

International Captain
Sorry , this might be off topic , but I simply cant watch the telly when Tino Best is on .He irritates me like no other cricketer does .