• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Kumar Sangakkara Fan Club !!!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am definitely in his fan club !!

I hope his batting doesn't suffer significantly when he does both wicket keeping and number 3 in the batting order !!(Athough the stats do suggest that his average when he plays as a batsman alone is exceptional, compared to when he does both !!

This despite some suggestions that playing as a keeper would add to his confidence when batting and vice versa!!)

A resonable option would be for him to come further down at 5 or 6 (after keeping during an opposition innings) but still come in at 3 in the first innings of a Test if SL are batting first.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not so sure that sort of role is appropriate in Tests - it will mess up the thinking of the rest of the team.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Really like him as a player, a clever and funny chap to boot.

Definately on my "would like to go for a few jars with" list.