• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Twenty20

Loony BoB

International Captain
Sudeep said:
Here's the ideal World Twenty20 XI IMO:

Virendar Sehwag
Chris Gayle
Sachin Tendulkar
Scott Styris
Andrew Flintoff
Adam Gilchrist (w/k)
Lance Kulsener
Shaun Pollock (c)
Anil Kumble
Chaminda Vaas
Glenn McGrath

EDIT: I just realized something, everyone in that XI can bowl. :wacko:
Crikey. No Cairns. He's always the first guy who comes to mind when I think of Twenty20 cricket.
Langeveldt said:
1. Virender Sehwag
2. Herschelle Gibbs
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Andrew Flintoff
6. Lance Klusener
7. Andrew Hall (top performer in SA's pro 20)
8. Mark Boucher (wk)
9. Chris Cairns
10. Anil Kumble
11. Glenn McGrath
Just out of curiosity more than anything, who would your captain be?

Loony BoB

International Captain
V Sehwag
AC Gilchrist
S Afridi
ST Jayasuriya
RT Ponting
A Symonds
A Flintoff
CL Cairns
L Klusener
AR Adams
B Lee / Murali

Sehwag and Gilchrist for obvious reasons. Afridi for the same reason. Jayasuriya and Ponting to steady things in the middle (yet they still are very capable of providing bowlers with nightmares). Symonds, Flintoff, Cairns and Klusener for your up and coming slugathons. Adams for his strike rate in both bowling (32.6) and batting (104.96) when playing ODI's. I had Blignaut for a while, who is top-of-the-board for batting strike rate, but his bowling failed him.

Brett Lee or Murali would get in depending on the type of pitch. I would have someone besides Brett Lee but I feel he can slog that ball like the best of them. If Bond keeps form, though, then I might put him in instead.

Yes, it's batsmen heavy, but I feel that in Twenty20 cricket that with Lee/Bond/Murali as your pitch-dependant-option backed up by Cairns, Adams and Flintoff, you should be covered well. Lots of the other chaps can bowl, too, to make up the numbers.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Loony BoB said:
Crikey. No Cairns. He's always the first guy who comes to mind when I think of Twenty20 cricket.

Just out of curiosity more than anything, who would your captain be?
Probably Sachin.. He has the most experience...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Blimey, it seems this bloke is the best all rounder in the world.
Being a good all-rounder in the 20-over game is totally different to being one in the two proper forms of cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Being a good all-rounder in the 20-over game is totally different to being one in the two proper forms of cricket.
Out of curiousity, what are Yuvraj Singh's Twenty20 stats like?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
ummm... HELLO?!?!?!? what about Ian Harvey???? The guy is a 20 over legend!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Probably crap like his stats in just about every other competition last year.

shankar

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Twenty20 Career Batting

M I NO Runs HS Ave SRate
5 5 0 154 71 30.80 143.92

Twenty20 Career Bowling

Balls Mdns Runs Wkts BB Ave SRate Econ
42 0 51 5 3-20 10.20 8.4 7.28

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I really don't think he's much good in reality either.
And with Bicknell woefully out of touch this season, Tudor barely playing a game these last 2 seasons, Saqlain once this season and Salisbury not landing the ball properly since 2000, Ormond, Murtagh and him are all Surrey have got.
Something of a different proposition to the in-form Bicknell-Tudor-Saqlain-Salisbury line-up of 1999, 2000 and briefly 2002.