• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb South West England meet-up

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Yep... Am slightly ****ed off about not being able to go to the Cape this summer.. but Trinidad is a more than worthy substitute :D

Might be able to meet you there then? It isnt big is it?
A couple hours from one side of the island to the other and an hour between the two cities. Just over 1 million people.

You really must visit Tobago too. That's the real tourist destination. Trinidad is the developed part of the country, Tobago is the tourist island.

I'll probably be able to meet up at some point, but I'll have to know in advance because I've got a busy couple of months planned. In fact, I'll be in Tobago twice within the next month and a half.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
One would hope that another 'meet-up' can be arranged for later in the English summer, because I may be in England around mid-July or August.
Same here......

Im going to be in Exeter for a couple of weeks in late July - early August.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
One would hope that another 'meet-up' can be arranged for later in the English summer, because I may be in England around mid-July or August.
Sounds a plan.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well the meetup was a roaring success, resulting in Neil throwing the funniest temper ever when his Under 13? side collapsed in the middle there :) Respect, thats passion for you...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Well the meetup was a roaring success, resulting in Neil throwing the funniest temper ever when his Under 13? side collapsed in the middle there :) Respect, thats passion for you...
I challenge you not to feel something when 76-0 becomes 88-5!

Me, Langeveldt, Richard and Samuel_Vimes.

Piper

International Captain
There would be no way my mom would let me go and meet people off the net, never mind going down to the south west or where ever to meet them! Plus i doubt anyone would want me there.... :dry:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Piper said:
There would be no way my mom would let me go and meet people off the net, never mind going down to the south west or where ever to meet them! Plus i doubt anyone would want me there.... :dry:
I travelled South India alone when i was 16 and that too with a very very limited budget . I travelled about 1500 kms then. I'm 18 now and will be going on another trip alone to Bangalore in Sep this year which is around 600 kms from my city. I am trying to make it clash with WTA event going to take place there. These trips are much rewarding but also very tiring at times if you don't have rooms booked,etc,. :)

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
First Chance Averages, Chaminda Vaas and Heated Debates.
and bicknell.....ahh i'll never forget the time when he called roshan mahanama an ODI 'great'(although he changed his mind when i proved him wrong) or the time when he said mcgrath and pollock were lucky to have taken 800 wickets and was largely due to poor shots!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
From what I could see, top bloke... Spoke a lot about cricket as was expected
Any first chance averages?

I can see where he's coming from with those - but didn't he go on about it?!?