• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medium-pacers

Mingster

State Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Razzaq is (or maybe he isn't any more) a bit quicker than basic medium. He's about medium-fast to fast-medium.
Razzaq is not faster than McGrath who is medium fast.

deeps

International 12th Man
mcgrath is medium fast...def not simple medium...IMO,

110-130 - Medium
131-140 - Medium Fast
141-150 - Fast Medium
151+ - Fast

Now, looking at that, pollock will probably be classed as medium.. balaji medium fast

steve waugh was a very very good medium pacer

Mingster

State Regular
Yeah I pretty much agree with those classifications.

So NZ would have 1 fast bowler, 1 fast-medium bowler and no medium fasts....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
ahh yes he bowled a couple overs of off breaks during that match to try and save the humiliation......
Hahahaha, Remember that very well. I guess he only bowled 3-4 balls as off spinner. Credit goes to Sanath though, those days he could have done that to almost anyone.

iamdavid

International Debutant
mcgrath is medium fast...def not simple medium...IMO,

110-130 - Medium
131-140 - Medium Fast
141-150 - Fast Medium
151+ - Fast

Now, looking at that, pollock will probably be classed as medium.. balaji medium fast

steve waugh was a very very good medium pacer
Hmmm McGrath has slowed down a touch lately but he sure aint medium......
In his prime he was regularly 135-140 kph.....fast medium in my book.
Now he'll be around the low 130's.....medium fast.
Still he was regularly touching the 140's as recently as 2002.

Btw , for me -
M - average speed of 125 and below
MF - average speed of 126-134
FM - average speed of 135-144
F - average speed of 145 and above

deeps

International 12th Man
tooextracool, do u have to create seperate posts for each and every reply u make??? geez, u do it all the time!

tooextracool

International Coach
deeps said:
tooextracool, do u have to create seperate posts for each and every reply u make??? geez, u do it all the time!
and how exactly is this a problem for you buster? there are plenty of other people who do the same too....

Langeveldt

Soutie
I dont think Shaun Pollock is a medium pacer.. He might have slowed down a lot in recent years, but hes not that slow...
Id say Lance Klusener became more of a medium pacer when he started putting a bit of off cut into his one day repetoire, but not Polly, yet....

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
A balanced pace attack would have these-
  1. An accurate medium/MF/FM bowler who bowls line and length for a long time. He should last a lot of overs. He may have to be a littlem ore defensive.
  2. A swing bowler who moves the ball off the wicket and through the air. He can be quite effective in England or NZ. Even better if he can bowl a little faster. He should attack the batsmen and make them play.
  3. A tearaway pace bowler, who will try to use brute force to take a few wickets, or make the batsmen play. At times, he can run through a batting side, but he can also give away a lot of runs.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
larsin was the ****.. i remember being in awe sometimes watching him play...

I used to bowl a bit like him.. i remember one game the other team needed 3 from the last over.. and i was bowling.. they only got 1 ! :)

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
is harmo a fast or fast medium as alot of the time he bowls between 135 and 145kph most of the time and is called fast