• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimababwe suspend all tests this year

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I guess they are offering up the tests to try and save the ODI's.

Will the same penalties apply to England if they call off the ODI's or will they be less?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
I guess they are offering up the tests to try and save the ODI's.

Will the same penalties apply to England if they call off the ODI's or will they be less?
Probably but they will only be a fraction of what the penalties for the tests will be.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
the icc are soft ****s..

They cant play tests. BUT they can play ODIS..

stupid.. ban them from cricket.. invade them.. wuteva it takes :P

Revelation

U19 Debutant
brilliant move i think....the ZCU should sit up and take notice now...of course it would have been more potent if Zimbabwe were totally banned (ODI's included) but i supopose that that would be tantamount to suspenion from the ICC (Which,btw i would totally support)

Langeveldt

Soutie
So what on earth is going to be any different in January 2005???

Oh I guess inflation will be 800% instead of 600%, Unemployment will probably be 70% instead of 50%, and maybe 3/4 of the country will be starving...

Fed up with all these half measures... Ban Zimbabwe until their country is tolerant to allowing people of all races and backgrounds to thrive, and not beforehand...Jan 2005? Give me a break... It took decades with S.A, not an autumn of test matches...

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I dont see why Zimbabwe can continue to play ODIs. The integrity of OD cricket should be protected just like test cricket.

Langeveldt

Soutie
ReallyCrazy said:
I dont see why Zimbabwe can continue to play ODIs. The integrity of OD cricket should be protected just like test cricket.

More bunts.... If you don't understand something, its probably because its corrupt or self interested...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
They had an interview with a guy from the ICC on 4 and he said the reason they havent been stopped from playing ODI's is because their recent performances are on the same level as their prior performances. Whereas their Test matcheperformaces have been a lot worse.

Made some comment about the 30 odd all out vs SL and said theyve been all out for thirty odd before so thats shows nothing.

B****cks decision if you ask me, ICC has no bottle

Langeveldt

Soutie
superkingdave said:
They had an interview with a guy from the ICC on 4 and he said the reason they havent been stopped from playing ODI's is because their recent performances are on the same level as their prior performances. Whereas their Test matcheperformaces have been a lot worse.

Made some comment about the 30 odd all out vs SL and said theyve been all out for thirty odd before so thats shows nothing.

B****cks decision if you ask me, ICC has no bottle
For the second time :) As someone famous famously sung...

"Its all about the money"

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I thought it went more like

"Its all about the din din din din din ding"

Anyway each to their own :)
"Yah ti buckety, rum ting ftoo.
Ni ni ni
Yaoooooooo!"

Second verse

"Yum yum yum yum ti buckety, rum ting ftoo.
Ni ni ni
Yaoooooooo!"

(May not have it word perfect, but close. Song attributed to King Otto, sung in honour of his daughter Princess Mitzi Gaynor's betrothal to Prince Walter).

You just don't have a clue, do you?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
MoxPearl said:
the icc are soft ****s..

They cant play tests. BUT they can play ODIS..

Erm, in effect this is ranking them as equivalent to Kenya and the like as they can only play ODI's - for me it's a slightly better solution than complete banning.