• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smith v Kohli (ODI batting)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Let's also talk about tests? Smith clearly the better test batsmen. 2nd highest rating points ever, and 2nd highest batting average (sample size not lol). Kohli is far behind. Thoughts?

srbhkshk

International Captain
Let's also talk about tests? Smith clearly the better test batsmen. 2nd highest rating points ever, and 2nd highest batting average (sample size not lol). Kohli is far behind. Thoughts?
yeah, kohli's peak points (937) don't seem much lesser than Smith's(947) but given the exponential scale of ratings it could literally be equivalent to difference between 700 and 800.

Edit- missed Ankit's joke, changing my views to Smith sucks, isn't fit to sandpaper Kohli's balls.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Believe "Create thread" button is going to get locked soon. Actually new threads should be created only by moderators imo. That way, the forum will have a better look and structure.

Is this off-topic?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, Smith has a ODI bowling average of 35 while Kohli has a bowling average of 167. So, while Kohli is probably the better ODI batsman, Steve Smith should be the better overall ODI player. Thoughts?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, kohli's peak points (937) don't seem much lesser than Smith's(947) but given the exponential scale of ratings it could literally be equivalent to difference between 700 and 800.

Edit- missed Ankit's joke, changing my views to Smith sucks, isn't fit to sandpaper Kohli's balls.
I have received a warning so I should not say much, but that's not what the joke was.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Believe "Create thread" button is going to get locked soon. Actually new threads should be created only by moderators imo. That way, the forum will have a better look and structure.

Is this off-topic?
This but unironically.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In all seriousness, Smith v Kohli as Test match batsmen, sure. Smith v Kohli as ODI cricketers in response to the other one being Test-specific, fair enough.

Smith v Kohli as FC wicketkeepers? Take it to Testing Forum.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In all seriousness, Smith v Kohli as Test match batsmen, sure. Smith v Kohli as ODI cricketers in response to the other one being Test-specific, fair enough.

Smith v Kohli as FC wicketkeepers? Take it to Testing Forum.

Smith Vs Kohli as dancers?

shifty_eyes

U19 12th Man
Rename the ODI thread to Test and Test thread to ODI.

:laugh:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Been invited to my best friends house for CNY dinner tonight. There's Cod on the menu and the usual snacks like bak kwa, pineapple tarts, salted egg chips etc. **** I love this time of the year.
I've never heard of this, but it looks incredible.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

thanks now I'm recoiling at the thought of one's balls being sandpapered

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most of those games were in 2010 or so when he was not great.

Of the rest he’s had 98*, 58* and a 40 odd which was the top score in the rain reduced CT finals against England.

Notable failures include 2015 semi finals, 2017 CT finals and 2019 semi finals.

Overall not a huge sample size but definitely something of concern.

Even if he scored a golden in all those games he’s still comfortably better than Smith though.
Well, it's a bigger sample size than the number of tests Lillee played in the SC, for which he's called out. So, you know...

Unfortunately Virat seems to go missing in the biggest ODI games,namely the WC KO stuff. I had him pegged to own the 2019 WC and be in the argument with Viv for best ODI batsman of AT, but he crumbled like a Sao in a blender when his side needed him most - in the semi, chasing a moderate total, when the game was there for him to win. Unfortunately he didn't aim up. Hopefully it's something he can rectify in the next WC, or in the similarly important match four of the DLF Maximum Cup or whatevs.