• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India ODIs 2019/20

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maxwell scores 41 off his last 13 balls (83* off 45 in total) to chase down 169 for the Melbourne Stars.

His form in Big Bash:

83(39)
2(3)
43(25)
0*(0)
1(2)
40*(32)
59*(37)
83*(45)

After the game, suggests the selectors were probably right to drop him from the ODI squad to India.

Speaking after the win over the Renegades, Maxwell said he wasn’t trying to make a statement to selectors.

“No, not really, this is T20 cricket, they’re playing one-day cricket,” Maxwell said.

“One-day cricket is completely different. They were probably right, my World Cup wasn't good enough and I'll just keep trying to do as well as I can for the Stars and keep leading them to wins.”

The Stars captain said he had benefited greatly from his layoff late last year, feeling he was now free to be himself.

“I’ve had no baggage coming in. I think back to the break I had and I’m so thankful that Cricket Australia and all the powers that be were able to grant me that break [to] get myself right, because I think I’m starting to see the benefits now. I’ve got no demons in my head. I’ve been able to sort of get everything off my chest,” he said.

“I might not train like everyone else. I go in the nets and try and hit my first five or six balls for six because that’s the way I warm up. Some people don’t like that, that’s not the way everyone goes about it.”

Maxwell was 42 not out from 32 balls against the Renegades before unleashing late in his innings. He said he had improved his ability to time a run chase.

“I think as a middle-order player you make a lot of mistakes and you're generally the brunt of, I suppose, criticism for not getting the team over the line or playing a silly shot at the wrong time. And I suppose I’ve just got better at choosing my moment, choosing my area a little bit better and staying a bit more calm," Maxwell said.

“It's almost a spider theory, [bowlers are] more scared of you than you are of them. I think in the past I've sort of gone, ‘oh what if they hit a bunch of yorkers and then I'm behind’, and that sort of internal panic sort of starts. So I feel like I've sort of taken that away a little bit and just sort of been able to keep calm and work with my partner.”

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Literally makes no sense. A 3-match JAMODI series in a T20 World Cup year, with India going to NZ next?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think this is like part of a deal they made to have them play ODIs every year and there was a series that CA owed BCCI. I honestly do not see why this is needed from a cricketing perspective. We could have easily gone down to Australia and played T20Is (3 of them). Would have made sense given the WT20 is held there and also given we will then go over to NZ to play a 5 T20I series.

But sanity has never been the strong point of cricket scheduling forever. Soz...

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Only reason I am looking forward to this series is Bumrah. Missed watching him in action in the recently concluded series but looks like he is shaping up well.

Burgey

Absolutely devo’ed for Dermo Sabba Abbott. Worked his arse off and deservedly gets a spot back in the national setup only to cop the first injury he’s had in ages at the worst time.

Bat Flip

Cricket Spectator
Why does this series exist?
$$$$ for CA, and a little holiday for our players, in particular the guys who just played 5 tests in a row (2 v Pak, 3 v NZ)

Something wrong if India cant win this 3-0, considering they have played shorter forms of the game leading up to this series and we haven't, plus at their home conditions

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
this series is basically the zenith of jamodis - why are aus sandwiching an away tour in the middle of home series - but in fairness jamodis in india tend to be quite interesting and fun for some reason

ataraxia

International Coach
Eh meaningless ODIs are fine IMO from a spectator's view as long as they don't tire players too much or rid the world from test cricket that would otherwise happen.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I do like some India - Australia ODI games, always fun, I know it's derided a lot but 2013 Ind - Aus was pure gold from a spectator point of view. They could have changed it to T20s this time though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I said it before, shud have been T20Is and should have been in Australia. Would have made the most sense and purpose for all involved from a cricketing perspective.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I do like some India - Australia ODI games, always fun, I know it's derided a lot but 2013 Ind - Aus was pure gold from a spectator point of view. They could have changed it to T20s this time though.
Nothing better than 1998 Sharjah and 2007-08 CB series (or was it called VB series? whatever)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Australia-hosted ODI tri series' of the 90s were the pinnacle of jamodi cricket. Before they started rotating in bowlers, when the West Indies toured virtually every year that South Africa weren't here and every summer we'd see a real full strength competition between Australia and at least one of the sides. Even when we got stuck with England and Zimbabwe we also got the second best batting side in the world in Australia A, who the selectors had to nerf to ensure the Australia side won.

TheJediBrah

I wish that series got retroactive ODI status
funny how those games between some of the strongest international sides there have been aren't recognised but a T20 between Czech Republic and Turkey is recognised as an international now.