• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India ODIs 2019/20

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good points guys.

Essentially England was lucky and NZ were lucky as well while India were unlucky with injuries. Therefore it should've been an India - England final (sans Ben Stokes) which India would've likely pocketed easily, because the English don't win WCs.
Australia was unlucky not to be on indias side of the draw, which would have ensured a spot in the final, probably against NZ

Daemon

Australia was unlucky not to be on indias side of the draw, which would have ensured a spot in the final, probably against NZ
India beat Australia comprehensively in the Group Stages, so logically speaking they would've beaten them again in the semis. But don't let facts get in the way of your biased hypocritical nonsense.

Burgey

India never beats Australia when it matters in ODIs. This is an historical fact, like Kohli going missing when it matters as well. Moreover, the fact you didn’t mention NZ beating India in the semi final also means you’re a massive, biased hypocrite of the highest order.

OverratedSanity

How embarrassing was Australia's sf against England though? Atleast India made a fist of their game instead of giving up halfway through the match.

Burgey

How embarrassing was Australia's sf against England though? Atleast India made a fist of their game instead of giving up halfway through the match.
Was the second most embarrassing moment of the cricketing year tbh, just behind losing to India at home, which is the largest disgrace in Australian sporting, no national history.

Daemon

This reminds me, NZ were also very very lucky that the first day was rained off when they were up against it. India had to come back cold the next day with all the momentum lost.

Adjusting for luck India were the 2019 WC winners imo.

Burgey

This reminds me, NZ were also very very lucky that the first day was rained off when they were up against it. India had to come back cold the next day with all the momentum lost.

Adjusting for luck India were the 2019 WC winners imo.
I think you’ll actually find that NZ well and truly punched above their weight in that game, which they so often do. Particularly wrt the spirit of cricket award each year.

Burgey

Oh ffs sunilz, Daemon and I are having a lend of each other mate. I know you’re singularly humourless, but can’t you work that out? This is HB levels of earnestness on display.

Daemon

Oh ffs sunilz, Daemon and I are having a lend of each other mate. I know you’re singularly humourless, but can’t you work that out? This is HB levels of earnestness on display.
I was being serious. Keep going sunilz, lets teach these arrogant sandpaper Aussies a lesson.

Burgey

I’m sorry Daemon, but the fact you’re really prepared to give India a free pass and failed to mention it is a hotbed of match fixing and had so many players banned for it only establishes the overwhelming nature of your biased hypocrisy.

Daemon

This has been mildly entertaining Burgey but Tim David is padded up for the scorchers and I must divert my attention elsewhere.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’m sorry Daemon, but the fact you’re really prepared to give India a free pass and failed to mention it is a hotbed of match fixing and had so many players banned for it only establishes the overwhelming nature of your biased hypocrisy.
I'm sure that all the match fixers are the only reason India didn't make every world cup final from 1999 to 2007 only to lose legitimately to Australia.

sunilz

International Regular
Yeah. I was actually supporting his argument that AUS might have won the WC semi-final considering Kohli's record in WC knockouts. But then reading the tone of his reply, I didn't bother to clarify