• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India 2019

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pant's got shocking keeping technique. He rises way before the ball even pitches and the gloves stay apart when collecting against the spinners which means he's grabbing at the ball.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
We're going to lose this by plenty but I'm still fairly encouraged. It has been a much better series than I anticipated. India batted supremely well today, I don't think the bowling was that bad.

We were never going to chase it without Evin Lewis and down to 10 men. It hasn't been the worst effort. I do think that Allen and Paul/Russell should come in for Holder and Pierre. Other than that we've got the makings of a very decent side.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yep.. add Andre Russell and Fabian Allen for Brandon King and Pierre, this side looks amazing. And Dwayne Bravo for Holder.

Last edited:

vcs

Kohli seemed really fired up this series. Maybe he was pissed off at his T20 average dropping below 50 and decided to set it right this year.

h_hurricane

Kohli seemed really fired up this series. Maybe he was pissed off at his T20 average dropping below 50 and decided to set it right this year.
I think he was rather pissed off because he dropped to 15th in T20 rankings. Should go up a good deal after this series.

vcs

He was pretty clear in that interview where his priorities lie haha. "Sometimes it's hard to motivate yourself playing so much international cricket, but now I'm starting to focus on it with the T20 WC coming up.."

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Virat channelling his inner Stone Cold Steve Austin with that Austin 3:16 headbob after hitting a six... Loveeeeeeeee it. :wub:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing approach today. Did not futz around playing safe and keeping wickets in hand for late charge.

Beamer

Amazing approach today. Did not futz around playing safe and keeping wickets in hand for late charge.
That was so much better from Rohit and Rahul. No nonsense, they went for it and it worked a treat. If they play like that in the World T20 they will be hard to beat.

Beamer

Yep.. add Andre Russell and Fabian Allen for Brandon King and Pierre, this side looks amazing. And Dwayne Bravo for Holder.
Yep and we have 19 matches to work our combination out. I think this series has exposed a lack of firepower in the lower order which would be solved completely by Russell and Allen.

If Lewis is out for a significant period of time, Brandon King should get the chance to open instead of him as that is where he dominated in CPL. Will be interesting to see if they let Gayle open in the WT20.

Beamer

Now onto the ODI's which I have been really looking forward to. I think we showed some great signs in Afghanistan and it will be fun to see us really tested. My lineup for the first ODI on Sunday, presuming Lewis is out.

Brandon King
Shai Hope (wk)
Shimron Hetmeyer
Nicholas Pooran
Roston Chase
Kieron Pollard (c)
Jason Holder
Romario Shepherd/Keemo Paul
Hayden Walsh Jr
Alzarri Joseph
Sheldon Cotterell

sunilz

International Regular
I hope one of Kohli or Rohit take rest from each of the ODI at home . Otherwise they would win 80 % of games on their own and leave middle order inexperienced just like last time . And once again in 2023 WC we will face same problem as 2019 WC semi-final .

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bhuvi injured now. Add him to Bumrah and Pandya in the list of injured players. There's IPL before world t20. Expect more pointless injuries.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Looking forward to seeing Pooran, Het, Hope and Chase.

Don't expect the WI to win this series - one gets the impression that Kohli and Rohit can chase anything! - but the WI have got a crop of interesting batsmen.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I honestly do not see why we shoud not experiment with our ODI XI, now that the WT20 is on the horizon, like how we were doing with our T20I XI with the ODI WC on the horizon.