• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Top 100 Test Batsmen Countdown Thread

ataraxia

International Coach
Yeah I'd say Katich would fit the bill. Hussey and Hayden will be far up and Warner's strike rate would take him a bit up from Katich.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And I don’t mean the one he hit straight to the fielder off De Villiers either.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I can't wait to see where Sobers ends up. According to the ATG thread, people don't seem to accept him as an ATG top 6 because apparently his bowling has statistical deficiencies :)

#2 or #3 best batsman for me.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't wait to see where Sobers ends up. According to the ATG thread, people don't seem to accept him as an ATG top 6 because apparently his bowling has statistical deficiencies :)

#2 or #3 best batsman for me.
Brah way to misrepresent me

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll try and predict what the top 25 will look like. Can't wait to see how wrong it is:

1) Bradman
2) Sobers
3) Smith
4) Lara
5) Viv
6) Hobbs
7) Hutton
8) Tendulkar
9) Sangakkara
10) Hammond
11) Ponting
12) Chappell
13) Sutcliffe
14) Barrington
15) Kallis
16) Headley
17) Gavaskar
18) de Villiers
19) Border
20) Waugh
21) Weekes
22) Younis
23) Chanderpaul
24) Dravid
25) Miandad

Kohli probably in the 26-30 range.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely Headley and Pollock must finish within a few places of each other based on their near identical career runs, average and tests played right?