• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which player past or present would you be?

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why the hell would you want to be Imran Khan, being the Prime Minister of Pakistan sounds like one of the worst jobs ever.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ian Bell. Decent enough to have w career, but also not enough great moments to be beyond lampooning.

Would have been more fun if named Iain

Bijed

International Regular
To take the PEWS approach and extrapolate my skill-set upwards (generous use of the word 'skill'), I guess I'd be... Tim Zoehrer?

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Because if I was much much much better at cricket but maintained the core of skills, strengths, weaknesses etc I'd end up pretty much the same player. I was park cricket's Ray Illingworth.
I would like to think I was the Ian Botham or Keith Miller of park cricketers, but the reality was more Chris Harris.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to think I'd be Alec Bedser but I'm probably closer to Pollard's pies and Chris Martin's batting.

Jack1

International Debutant
I would like to think I was the Ian Botham or Keith Miller of park cricketers, but the reality was more Chris Harris.
Harris managed to get selected for 23 tests averaging 20 with the bat and 73 with the ball. The only conclusion here is that he’s a criminal.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Harris managed to get selected for 23 tests averaging 20 with the bat and 73 with the ball. The only conclusion here is that he’s a criminal.
Had a FC average of 45 and made a 50 in his first test innings and a couple of 60s against attacks including Donald and Pollock, and a 40 against Ambrose and Walsh. Classic case of a guy not being able to quite translate his game to the top level. A lot like me whenever I've gone from the 3rds into the 2nds or A-grade!

Flem274*

123/5
colin de grandhomme. i'd love to have that much natural balance of timing and power, and the ability to bowl the perfect trolling medium pace.