• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

aussie tragic

International Captain
I read on here that the NZ tour game vs Vics is one of those horrible 15 man games, however why is it not listed on cricinfo or CA websites? In fact I can't find any mention of it on my usual cricket news searches (trying to find out if Pucovski is playing)

Is this game really on as it's supposed to start tomorrow lol

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
ffs

so a day of semi-proper training? if this squad was chicken you'd be in danger of poisoning from being undercooked

Days of Grace

International Captain
Just fly them back home and have an inter-squad game. It’s not as if the pitch and bowlers for the warm-up game will be anything like the MCG anyway.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've always said that if you're not going to have a proper competitive 11 v 11 tour match then you'd might as well just have an intra-squad centre wicket practice instead

Shady Slim

International Coach
I've always said that if you're not going to have a proper competitive 11 v 11 tour match then you'd might as well just have an intra-squad centre wicket practice instead
surely with how the mcg pitch will play you would be better served rocking up to a street cricket game christmas day in st kilda and having a go

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Why are batsman so ****ing spineless. Waaaah please only bowl to me outside off stump where it's easiest for me to score runs. If you're lucky, and place the ball on the micro spot that is considered 'good' you might get me out. Otherwise I'm driving and cutting all day. Anything not pitched there just isn't sporting.

**** off. Get a technique and learn to pull you ****s.

Flem274*

123/5
Tactical from hick imo. He's leaning on the umpires to force us to play their game just in case our batsmen adjust to conditions.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's such a boring tactic. Do people really want to watch them banging it in that spot all day just waiting for the batsmen to make a mistake? Bowlers like McGrath make me sick.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Was it a thing that Hick used to struggle against fast short pitched bowling and was often brought up as a reason why he failed at the test level?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Was it a thing that Hick used to struggle against fast short pitched bowling and was often brought up as a reason why he failed at the test level?
Yeah, his first two test seasons coincided with the Windies with Ambrose and Walsh, then Pakistan with Wasim and Waqar. He shortened his backlift and his performances improved in the mid-90's but the selectors chopped and changed in those days. Duncan Fletcher said if he had been coach he would have persisted with Hick and Ramprakash.