• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

91Jmay

International Coach
Didn't think we'd make lunch. If we can rat to 350 that isn't a total disaster. Pitch seems to be playing slightly better today though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Fear Buttler here so being unable to dismiss Leach is a real problem.

****ing good comeback this morning from the bowlers - I only saw bits of yesterday but thought they bowled reasonably well. You simply can't drop two clear slip catches on a day like yesterday (pitch still looked nice to bat on) and expect to come out ahead. One of those off Southee and he'll deserve the 5-fer if he gets it.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that was a crap session. Would say the match position is 65/35 in favour of NZ here as this looks a 400 minimum track and NZ will get that many.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Because Leach has much more heart and is more likely to stick around with Buttler?
Yeah back in the day Hoggard used to occupy spots above players who were more likely to make runs just because he valued his wicket highly and had something approaching a decent defence, and I think this is similar. Those few extra balls faced can be more valuable when you still have a proper batsman in than 5-10 extra slogged runs off fewer deliveries.

I can totally imagine Broad still shielding Leach from strike when he comes out even though he's batting below him, too. It would be glorious.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Been on holiday for the past couple weeks so haven’t had the chance to post much. It’s been fun to follow all the rage on cricinfo at Southee’s selection over Ferguson, and the subsequent radio silence this morning.

micmacmoc

Cricket Spectator
Good evening (afternoon) from Cornwall here, been a poor show for England following a decent first day. Leach! He will be ok! Anyone know where we can watch the Aussie match during the lunch break or are such things frowned upon hereabouts? Best to all, moc, kernow, near England!
Oh and Aussies, why the hell wasnt Burns playing in the ashes, he’s proper!

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good evening (afternoon) from Cornwall here, been a poor show for England following a decent first day. Leach! He will be ok! Anyone know where we can watch the Aussie match during the lunch break or are such things frowned upon hereabouts? Best to all, moc, kernow, near England!
Are you Tolkien reincarnated?

Last edited:

micmacmoc

Cricket Spectator
Er, nope, just a bit merry. Ahem, takes a toke on his pipe, went to the same school as Lewis Carroll (not at the same time mind).

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fekkin disappointed with Stokes, I expected him to do the ‘start again, blank sheet’ but no....
Hey mate, filter avoidance is something the mods chase sometimes and things like that may get pulled up. Feel free to just outright swear and the forum's filter will bleep it out.

e.g.
Stokes is a ****ing idiot.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Been on holiday for the past couple weeks so haven’t had the chance to post much. It’s been fun to follow all the rage on cricinfo at Southee’s selection over Ferguson, and the subsequent radio silence this morning.
I get wanting Ferguson in to see how he goes ahead of Australia, that’s probably my position on the issue, but the abuse at Southee on cricinfo yesterday was way OTT. He’s still doing the business at test level, for sure. I’m shocked by it!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is honestly getting bonkers, 5 seconds ago we had this super great pace attack with a right arm swing bowler, left arm swing bowler who is a bit quicker, followed by a floaty medium paced right arm nibbler and a one-of-a-kind left arm into-the-wicket bounce bowler.

Now Lockie Ferguson exists and they all suck and all bowl the same. It's wild how cricket hot takes never evolve.
Thoroughly agree with these, that said I'm still bringing Ferguson in for the second test and currently it's for Wagner. Sacrilege, I know.

Noone is a protected species, so rotate the four bowlers through the summer depending on conditions - e.g. Ferguson and Wagner will both play in Melbourne and one of Southee or Boult will sit out.

micmacmoc

Cricket Spectator
Thanks folks, sitting here watching in Cornwall, no longer alone! But why no Burns for Oz in the ashes? I think he is a future annoyance for Ashes from England POV? Cmon jack!