• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Back Draft

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
SF Barnes will be my next selection please

Charter 77 so Far

SG Barnes
Don Bradman
Ken Barrington
Allan Border
Ian Botham
Richie Benaud (*)
Jack Blackham (+)
SF Barnes

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think Michael is doing brilliantly considering the restriction he imposed upon himself with his very first pick!
In hindsight it was not such a tough call to start with Bradman. That selection alone was going to keep everyone off from B's and A's for a long time, so you basically have a free hand. Kudos to Michael for having the foresight to see that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its why it would have been great if SCC had of jumped to Barnes or Barrington instead to make it more of a challenge. I felt like Michael has picked the obvious pick every time with the exception of Blackham.

Having said that, part of why the team is really good is there hasnt been any funky/desperate picks.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was hoping to sit back as ATGs would be left in my path as drafters rushed to the finish but people are still picking terrific players in round 8

My strategy would have worked better with more drafters

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In hindsight it was not such a tough call to start with Bradman. That selection alone was going to keep everyone off from B's and A's for a long time, so you basically have a free hand. Kudos to Michael for having the foresight to see that.
Not hindsight if you call it at the time though:

I’d say that he’s a certain for picking a stupidly strong team. Basically gets a free hit at the best B and A players for a lot of rounds.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah michael didnt put off Ambrose for too long. Obviously he would like Ambrose (probably planned hed be 10 or 11th pick) but had to grab the B's.