• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs West Indies 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Umpire with another nice decision for the Afghan team there lewis clearly not out lbw :happy:
Definitely one sided Umpiring today, it wasn't the best advert for the game.

Still, tbh Afghanistan were the better side in the last 2 games, are batting was bizarrely timid and had no answer to all the Afghan changes of pace.

andmark

International Captain
I do like how things went from "OMG AFGHANISTAN WON A MATCH" to "oh, Afghanistan won, that's nice." Good indication of their improvement over the past few years.

Beamer

I do like how things went from "OMG AFGHANISTAN WON A MATCH" to "oh, Afghanistan won, that's nice." Good indication of their improvement over the past few years.
If they play on a low slow pitch and score a reasonable total batting first they can beat anyone, especially in a t20. Their bowling is extremely skillful.

The difference between their spinners and ours was night and day.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It even went a step beyond that to slippy asking why they'd sucked so much recently in this thread after a bad run.

Beamer

Looking forward to a bit of test cricket on Wednesday. My Windies XI:

Braithwaite
Campbell
Hope
Chase
Hetmeyer/Brooks/Ambris
Dowrich (wk)
Holder
Cornwall
Roach
Warrican
Joseph/Paul

All about the runs as far as I'm concerned. Our bowling had proven it is world class and now we have two decent spinners who bowl very well in tandem.

The barring is awful though and may well struggle to put runs on the board.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I thought warrican wasn't that rated by windies fans. He has been around for years and was always kept out by bishoo and permaul

Beamer

I thought warrican wasn't that rated by windies fans. He has been around for years and was always kept out by bishoo and permaul
He's decent, not a world beater but in helpful conditions he can be dangerous. I'd say he has developed into our best left arm spinner.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously pumped for this match, though it's one of those games where I don't want either side to lose!