• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Jasprit Bumrah fanboying thread

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
He's absolutely remarkable
The comparison I see is that he's like a more rounded Shoaib Akthar (better control, smarter and similar trajectory through the air)

EDIT : I can see some similarities with Flintoff too

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
High praise from Andy Roberts and Curtly Ambrose: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...game-sense-most-striking-feature-andy-roberts

"It's the strangest action that I have seen on a cricket field," he said. "I need to study that for a longer time to understand the mechanics of his action. But if he were born here back in our days, we would have had him. A freak was the only element missing in our bowling line-up. In fact, Bumrah is the only variety of bowler we had never produced. Then I don't think even India would produce one like him again."

Ambrose went even further in his praise.

"At times, he rekindles memories of our prime," he said. "The pace, aggression, the hostility, the craft. The way he outclasses the batsmen, the way he out-thinks them. He could have been one of us, he's so complete a bowler that he could have played in any era."

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
We need one.

I can't get over the spell he bowled against West Indies. It was Waqar Younis of early 90s level of lethal. Never thought an Indian fast bowler could bowl with such skill and fury. All bow down to Boom Boom Bumrah :notworthy
Same, his control of swing is incredible. Bhuvi used to to be the only one in the Indian team who could swing it both ways at will. He has a searing inswinger, outswinger, yorker, bouncer and slower ball. Jeez. Still remember this slower ball yorker to Shaun Marsh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LihlMpZ9Ds at 54s. What a ball that was.

The spell yesterday was just him deciding to bowl outswingers out of nowhere, despite being an in-swing bowler, and landing everything exactly where he wanted. He's bowled it before to Keaton Jennings and absolutely done him in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-RzOKhNrBA

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Would be curious if someone did a comparison of how many times India got all 20 wickets of the opposition:
Under other captains (individually)
Under Kohli
With Bumrah in the team

Both home and away and total stats.

Anyone up to it?

Kirkut

International Regular
He's absolutely remarkable
The comparison I see is that he's like a more rounded Shoaib Akthar (better control, smarter and similar trajectory through the air)

EDIT : I can see some similarities with Flintoff too
Flintoff and Akhtar were big burly guys. Bumrah would be more like Steyn deciding to bowl yorkers generously.

Bijed

International Regular
Just watched those highlights - not that I didn't rate him beforehand, but that spell was truly awesome

He's so good that I'll stop being condescending about a guy with 50 wickets being India's greatest ever. He's a freak. Literally unplayable and indecipherable at his best.
I mean, I don't think you can in all honesty rate someone with 55 test wickets as an established test nation's best ever, but I do think that it's almost certainly just a matter of time before he puts the matter beyond doubt anyway

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Has significantly more Test wickets than runs to his name. Hero.
The best bowler in history with more wickets than runs is Chris Martin as of now with 233 wickets and 123 runs. No other bowler with more than 200 wickets has higher wickets than runs. Bumrah can potentially beat him.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Based on the last match and recent history, he definitely deserves promoting above Shami.