cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Pakistan ex Cricketers say the World Cup was 'designed' and 'tailored' by ICC

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    They're not still crying are they

Cricketer Of The Year
    It's a bit fishy that Pakistan needed to win their last match by 316 runs yet made only 315 batting first. Probably received a bung from somewhere not to even attempt the improbable.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Have you ever been offered a bung, LT?

Cricketer Of The Year
    Several. I cancelled a trip to the Lake District only last week.
    sledger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Yes and no. The organisers had scheduled it so that Pak and India would meet very early in the super 8 stage to spark more interest in the tournament. The super 8 stage was there so India would get at least 7 games for ratings purposes. It wasn't the organisers fault that India and Pakistan both pulled a South Africa and got eliminated comically.
    This doesn’t make sense.

How they scheduled the super 8 was that if Team X qualified, they would play on this date at this venue, regardless of where they finished in the group. A good thing for supporters, no doubt a fixed venue for India V Pakistan was on their minds. To say it was ‘fixed for them to meet very early’ is neither here nor there as yes the scheduling was deliberate.

I don’t really see any point to what you’re saying (I should probably get used to saying that to you with the Ashes looming)

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    the deeper point is that even if they were putting their thumb on the scale and deliberately making sure that there was always an india/pakistan group game, it still wouldn't be an actual problem and completely justifiable on quite reasonable grounds wrt creating a spectacle that draws mass audiences to the game. marquee matchups are good for the sport - any sport - and your big prestige event should have as many as possible
    Having worked in sales for the main broadcaster in India, I can assure you that Indo-Pak 10 sec ad rates are through the roof. I would not be surprised if they match the Super Bowl Ad rates. Why wouldn't the ICC want to cash in on this?
    zorax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Lmao

Fixing aside, the whole BCCI money thing is hilarious. If the BCCI takes more money, they're greedy. If they take less money, they're buying out the other boards.

So many Pakistanis are so salty that 1992 didn't repeat itself. Now is probably the ideal time for a Pak Passion invasion
    I think this is an extension of the low key rivalry between the 2 boards. Didn't PCB lose a case against the BCCI regarding the cancelled UAE fixtures, and then the BCCI counter sued them for a few million? Also, lately there was the issue where the BCCI was asked by several politicians to not play the WC game due to the Pulwama attacks? I remember Rajnath Singh (The current Indian defence minister and former Home Minister) clearly stating that he did not approve of the two countries playing in the WC due to the commercial nature of it profiting the PCB. Then there were the camaflouge caps during the 3rd ODI vs Aus in Ranchi where PCB objected again. And more recently, there is the issue of the balidan badge on Dhoni's gloves that the PCB complained about along with the Saffron jersey issue. Also, to add to this mess, both sides have flown political statements during each others game to which the ICC has objected to.

To be honest, the BCCI could easily crush PCB if they desired to, but I think they recognize that this isn't good for the game. The BCCI has actually helped West Indian cricketers and many other struggling boards, for which they deserve due credit.

Note for Mods: The 'rivalry recap' stated above is not an endorsement or discussion of political events. Simply a recap of the reasons why bad blood may exist between the two boards.
    zorax and PikeyB like this.

Thanks for the disclaimer but don’t worry your post is fine. Far busier keeping an eye on Spark and his profanity at the minute.
    zorax, wrongun and Daemon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    This doesn’t make sense.

How they scheduled the super 8 was that if Team X qualified, they would play on this date at this venue, regardless of where they finished in the group. A good thing for supporters, no doubt a fixed venue for India V Pakistan was on their minds. To say it was ‘fixed for them to meet very early’ is neither here nor there as yes the scheduling was deliberate.

I don’t really see any point to what you’re saying (I should probably get used to saying that to you with the Ashes looming)
    The tragic thing about 2007 India Pak game scheduling was that the audience who booked early had to contend with Ireland vs. Bangladesh.
    zorax and h_hurricane like this.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    The BCCI's plan here is obviously very elaborate.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Lol ex Pakistani cricketers are full of conspiracy theories and mostly fight amongst themselves. Basit Ali is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    The BCCI has actually helped West Indian cricketers and many other struggling boards, for which they deserve due credit.
    How exactly have they done this?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy101 View Post
    How exactly have they done this?
    Check out Darren Sammy's post match interview after the 2016 t20WC finals. Also, many west Indian players have recieved proper health treatment after injuries from their IPL teams and the BCCI despite it being the WICB responsibility.
    jimmy101 and zorax like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information