• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current third-best spinner?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And all of them have not proven to be anywhere the class of the others.

That said, spinners can go on a long time...

Sudeep

International Captain
I would actually put Murali 3rd, ahead of Harbhajan at 4th

Warne 1st and Kumble 2nd.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
I would actually put Murali 3rd, ahead of Harbhajan at 4th

Warne 1st and Kumble 2nd.
Seriously? Even if you argue that the doosra is illegal, just his offbreaks are enough to make him the best spinner ATM. Kumble himself will fell embarassed being rated higher than Murali because he has huge respect for him.

Sudeep

International Captain
Let's not get into the whole Murali controversy again. I would say - personal preference. Kumble too like Murali has special talent.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
Let's not get into the whole Murali controversy again. I would say - personal preference. Kumble too like Murali has special talent.
But even if you put aside the current controversy, how is Kumble better than Murali? Statistics don't say it. Kumble himself won't agree. But if it's your personal preference, so be it. :D

a massive zebra

International Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
So you are saying you like Warne and Kumble more but do not necessarily rate them higher as bowlers?

Last edited:

a massive zebra

International Captain
chicane said:
But even if you put aside the current controversy, how is Kumble better than Murali? Statistics don't say it. Kumble himself won't agree. But if it's your personal preference, so be it. :D
The statistics say no bowler in the world is as good as Murali.

Sudeep

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
So you are saying you like Warne and Kumble more but do not necessarily rate them higher as bowlers?
I rate Warne the best whatsoever, and both levels - personal preference and better skills.

I am not able to compare between Kumble and Murali based on their talents. And I won't compare them based on their records.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
Personal likes and dislikes, I guess.
So you rate Kumble a better bowler than Murali because you have some personal likes and dislikes? Or are you saying you just like Kumble more?

Sudeep

International Captain
I like Kumble more.

And I am not in a position to compare and judge them on the basis of better skills.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Followed by Ray Price, as a bit of an outsider... Really hope he plays tests again...
Hmmm.... interesting difference of opinion there, because, bar a massive overhaul of the current situation, I hope Zimbabwe don't (play Tests again).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sudeep Popat said:
I am not able to compare between Kumble and Murali based on their talents. And I won't compare them based on their records.
Then how can you say that you consider Kumble a better bowler?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Hmmm.... interesting difference of opinion there, because, bar a massive overhaul of the current situation, I hope Zimbabwe don't (play Tests again).
Well in an ideal situation, Ray Price would not play for Zimbabwe because they dont deserve test status... In an ideal world he would go to SA and sort their spinning problem out... Who knows whats going to happen...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the real question is:

Who is the FIFTH best spinner?

It can all be agreed that when fit, Muralitharan, Warne, Kumble and Harbhajan are the top four.

But what about 5th? MacGill, Rafique, Vettori and even Raymond Price could make a claim for this.