• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the nazis invented jagermeister and fanta, doesn't mean we still need them
This is the Nazi dilemma in a nutshell for me.

Jagermeister and Hugo Boss uniforms on one hand, killing the Jewish people and inventing Fanta on the other. It's like the perfect balance between good and evil.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member

Jagermeister and Hugo Boss uniforms on one hand, killing the Jewish people and inventing Fanta on the other. It's like the perfect balance between good and evil.
So the Beetle tips it in which direction?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Sorry, I won't have any hating on Fanta around here.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Wtf why do you dislike Jagermeister?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...indians-icc-official/articleshow/66277234.cms

So having done some research, I guess it's clear that it's not just cricketers from these regions that are inclined towards corruption. This appears to indicate there may be some credence about what others have suggested about corruption being ingrained into the cultures of different geographic regions.
The ICC has been carrying out investigations on deep rooted corruption in Sri Lankan cricket but amid that, its Anti Corruption Unit official Alex Marshall revealed an alarming fact: most of the bookies indulging in corrupt practices are Indians.

Recently, ICC's ACU shared information about active corruptors with England and Sri Lankan cricketers, currently involved in a limited overs series.

Asked if all active corruptors are local, ICC's General Manager ACU, Marshall, told ESPN Cricinfo: "In Sri Lanka it was both local and Indian corruptors. In most other parts of the world it is mostly corrupt Indian bookies."

Marshall's revelations, even though alarming, is not surprising after Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria on Thursday admitted to spot-fixing, having taken money from an Indian bookmaker.

Even when the match fixing scandal broke in 2000, most of the corrupt bookies hanging around the players were believed to be of Indian origin."

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don’t know why the ICC or anyone else would be surprised that most of the bookies involved are Indian. It’s the fact gambling is illegal in the most cricket mad country on earth which makes match fixing viable to begin with.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I really don’t know why the ICC or anyone else would be surprised that most of the bookies involved are Indian. It’s the fact gambling is illegal in the most cricket mad country on earth which makes match fixing viable to begin with.
Yeah, this is what I mean about culturally ingrained corruption. It sounds like an entire system of laws etc. is essentially geared towards it.

Status
Not open for further replies.